2-3 Inch Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not looking for anything radical, I just want a nice little drop, nothing crazy. Don't want to mess with the keys. Rode so much better before I swapped out the stock shocks.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Also wheels and tires have an effect. I plan on keeping my 18s for awhile. Should be a good ride. 20s and up can ride smooth or they can ride bad. Not sure what sizes are best cause I've never had bigger than 18s.
Do you have plans for bigger wheels later ?

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 285/45/22, spindles, 1" drop with stock keys. Rides really nice, but soft for big dips at highway speeds. I'm looking into stiffer or adjustable shocks to cure that. Bump stops are long gone, so that may fix her bottoming out in those conditions as well.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0104.JPG It's been awhile but I think it was Fosscore that made me get my 2/3 drop. Used the 2/3 spindle kit with shocks from Tony. Adjustable panbar, rear drop links, new to me 20" take offs. Did the upper and lower control arms. New swaybar bushings. Truck rode like crap over expansion joints, felt like it was going to shake apart.
Turns out the new suspension/wheels really hylighted how bad the idler and pitman arms were. Replaced those, good to go. If I were to do it again I'd get softer shocks.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also wheels and tires have an effect. I plan on keeping my 18s for awhile. Should be a good ride. 20s and up can ride smooth or they can ride bad. Not sure what sizes are best cause I've never had bigger than 18s.
Do you have plans for bigger wheels later ?
As far as I know, I'm staying with the 17's, but you know how that goes.
View attachment 72375 It's been awhile but I think it was Fosscore that made me get my 2/3 drop. Used the 2/3 spindle kit with shocks from Tony. Adjustable panbar, rear drop links, new to me 20" take offs. Did the upper and lower control arms. New swaybar bushings. Truck rode like crap over expansion joints, felt like it was going to shake apart.
Turns out the new suspension/wheels really hylighted how bad the idler and pitman arms were. Replaced those, good to go. If I were to do it again I'd get softer shocks.
Did you get everything from Tony? In trying to go as cheap as possible. Just trying to get what I need, without touching the keys. BTW, love those wheels!

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to loosen the keys no matter how you drop it. Spindles, lower control arms, drop keys, they all require removal of the key/torson bar to release the tension.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spindles, rear drop coils, and shock extenders. With a 2/3 drop the adjustable panhard isn't really needed but it is a real nice addition. Spindles are your best bet for the best ride up front and help keep a good alignment. I've never used djm drop arms but haven't heard anything bad minus some ball joints fail quick and the paint wears fast.

If it were me I'd go mcgaughys spindles, belltech rear coils and djm shock extenders

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The keys aren't bad at all. You can rent the tool you need for free from a parts store near you. Once you it do it, you realize how simple and easy they are to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84