09 Tahoe Oil Consumption issue solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farhanm

Reaction score
auto work newbie here, when we do the replacement for the valve cover, we need to replace the valve cover gasket aswell? have an 09 yukon xl slt. i got the valve cover part number from the thread. do i need to order any other parts?

farhanm

Reaction score
Looks like someone already had the answer in the thread. Feel like a dumbass.

Ordering the valve cover now.

Thanks
--
Farhan

farhanm

Reaction score
OK i was trying to replace the valve cover and also install the catch can today... got the coil packs out, unscrewed the old valve cover bolts.

but now i am facing a wierd issue. The old valve cover is stuck on there pretty firm. I cant seem to get it moving to get it out. I have tried tapping it with a rubber mallet and but no luck.

was wondering if there is anything i can do to losen that valve cover, some fluid spray type thing?

Thanks
--
Farhan

ritzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK i was trying to replace the valve cover and also install the catch can today... got the coil packs out, unscrewed the old valve cover bolts.

but now i am facing a wierd issue. The old valve cover is stuck on there pretty firm. I cant seem to get it moving to get it out. I have tried tapping it with a rubber mallet and but no luck.

was wondering if there is anything i can do to losen that valve cover, some fluid spray type thing?

Thanks
--
Farhan

Have you tried a putty knife or flat tip and mallet to separate? New valve cover comes with new gasket so thrashing old one wouldn't hurt.

farhanm

Reaction score
yeh i was able to get it off by using a mallet and a flat head screw driver to pry it loose.

put the new one in. seems to be good.

lamerem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the GM powertrain warranty cover this replacement? Afterall it would be considered a failure of an internally lubricated part! If there is an updated cover to replace one with a known issue I would think they would cover that, no?

yerpderp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I get a link to your original post to see if our issues are one in the same? Also...can someone explain a range module? I hate my 4-8...but love my 'hoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA