07Burb's 1990 Square Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the AC system?
Works and is cool but it’s not as cold as it should be. Think it needs a recharge. Also, the rear fan is a bit noisy especially on high. I think it may need an adjustment. Sounds like the fins on the fan are contacting something.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works and is cool but it’s not as cold as it should be. Think it needs a recharge. Also, the rear fan is a bit noisy especially on high. I think it may need an adjustment. Sounds like the fins on the fan are contacting something.

That's the only downer on these square Burby's. Hopefully you can go over it and make it well. Those rear A/C units ALWAYS made that noise for me as well. Need to pull the cowl and check things out. Clean it out in there.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the only downer on these square Burby's. Hopefully you can go over it and make it well. Those rear A/C units ALWAYS made that noise for me as well. Need to pull the cowl and check things out. Clean it out in there.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my 87 was the same. Sometime in the next few weeks I'll find some time to do some investigating.

Another weak point of squares is their power window system. I will need to check that out, too. I know that the motors are new according to the previous owner but it's still not great. I may switch this over to manual windows like I did with the dually depending on what I find when I get a chance to dig into it.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered an Aluminum radiator and hoses off Rock Auto. That order should arrive either Wednesday or Thursday
About to order up some new gauges (Dakota Digital HDX) and some replacement helper bags. Hope to have that stuff ordered by the end of the day.

I guess there goes that idea of not needing to tinker with it much :happy175:
Gauges and helper bags ordered tonight. I’m being told that the gauges may take a couple of months but that’s ok.

Also rear, has some Belltech nitro drop shocks. I’m going to throw those in the trash and replace them with some stock size Bilsteins with shock extenders when I replace the bags.

FedEx says radiator and hoses should show up Friday. Plan is to knock that out Friday so that I can get to driving it again this weekend.

Still scoping out winter tire/wheel setups :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401