07 Valley cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 Won’t he encounter the same problem by plugged the valley tower oil ports since he is still running the AFM lifters?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 Won’t he encounter the same problem by plugged the valley tower oil ports since he is still running the AFM lifters?

the oil can't return or vent thru that pressure port. it's a tiny port with incoming pressurized oil. so in that video about it. it shows you cut the gasket over the ports in the block itself.

the blue arrow in this pic is what you clip.. you just need a way to relieve the small bypassed oil, so you do those 8 seals and it just drains back to the pan.

807fecb1d4c9fab686639270be49aa17~2.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 I see now, wasn't meaning to doubt anyone I was just being extra vigilant for our friend OP

yeah no worries. I spent weeks trying to wrap my head around this system before I got my truck, since a delete kit is not an easy option on the hybrid ones, I needed to have some faith I could make it all last. after watching all his break down videos and where he cuts the lifter in half I think I finally understood it a bit.

so I felt comfortable enough to pick up the truck, then I realized you could actually disable afm with hptuners that I already had. so I went with the vlom mod and turn off, instead of trying to refresh the whole system.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet that @iamdub could clear this up.

I bet not. Just got caught up on this.

After reading OP's recent updates and @Geotrash's replies specifying the OP's VLOM being plugged in whereas his was not, it sounds like OP might've had active AFM. Or, maybe the lifters locked or unlocked upon building of oil pressure. At this point, I have no idea.

If they're knocking from being stuck in the collapsed state, wouldn't that cause slack in the rocker?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 I see now, wasn't meaning to doubt anyone I was just being extra vigilant for our friend OP
Thank you for looking out. Trust me, I asked myself the same question. Takes alot of reading to try and understand this especially when you find yourself in this situation. If I am able to release that valve then I should be ok, I hope.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the tool and went at it. Been at it for 30 mins and nothing. Advice please. Is this stuck to the point of no return or am i not hitting it hard.