07 Valley cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes i will look real good at it once the lifters are removed. The front and back of the shaft look real real good. Truck has 130k miles.
The guy in the video used an air hammer to get the bad one to unstick. He wasn't being successful with the hammer.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy in the video used an air hammer to get the bad one to unstick. He wasn't being successful with the hammer.
I wonder if i should bang it some more. The tool actually bent alittle

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if i should bang it some more. The tool actually bent alittle

I was wondering if you banged on it to release it the little bit, and then pushed it down, did that over a few times if it wouldn't work it's way higher and finally lock. but at this point you've spent so much time on it and I can imagine being sick of laying across the engine that I figured you were sick of messing with it haha and ready to just rip it apart.

are you 100% sure it didn't release and your feeling that little bit he talks about it clicking back down on the pins from over extending? just wondering out loud at this point.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you banged on it to release it the little bit, and then pushed it down, did that over a few times if it wouldn't work it's way higher and finally lock. but at this point you've spent so much time on it and I can imagine being sick of laying across the engine that I figured you were sick of messing with it haha and ready to just rip it apart.

are you 100% sure it didn't release and your feeling that little bit he talks about it clicking back down on the pins from over extending? just wondering out loud at this point.
********!!!!
IT JUST RELEASED. WENT FLYING
NOW WHAT? Did i do to much demage to it or should i put it back together

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
********!!!!
IT JUST RELEASED. WENT FLYING
NOW WHAT? Did i do to much demage to it or should i put it back together

I'd do the little tap on the push rod that he shows to make sure it is locked in.. inspect everything the best you can. put the rockers back on, turn the engine over by hand to make sure it's moving the rockers, then at this point I don't know what it would hurt to try starting it?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is put all back together and she lives. What a relief . I believe what did it was the wd40 i sprayed in the valley hole and in the little hole on the pushrod. I let that sit over night. So after work i went at it again and gave it 5 good wacks and pushrod went flying. I reinstalled the pushrod and turned the engine and it starting moving up and down. Turned it several times and it was all good. Went ahead and installed everything and smwent to crank it and she turned and sounds beautiful. THANK GOD!.

Thank you all for all your advice, time and patience . I can now sleep in peace tonight. I did not drive it as i want to change the oil . But i did crank it several times and let it idle for a good 10 mins everytime. All is good.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's awesome.. going to be the best nights sleep haha.

hopefully it all stays running well for a long time. what did you do with the vlom?

and I bet you're right, the wd40 probably was the ticket to breaking up what had it stuck.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's awesome.. going to be the best nights sleep haha.

hopefully it all stays running well for a long time. what did you do with the vlom?

and I bet you're right, the wd40 probably was the ticket to breaking up what had it stuck.
Vlom went back on. I didnt do the vlom mod. I didnt want to take any chances just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21