07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are their Tri Power. They used a stock C5 brake pad and we were really happy with them. The biggest thing I like about SSBC is the way they do alot of their calipers fit under stock wheels. They offer either 6 or 8 piston calipers that bolt on under a Ford F350 wheel. That and they aren't terribly expensive. We are in the process of opening a performance shop and we will be a dealer for them.

F141117494.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the 3 work? Is it 2 on one side and 1 on the opposite? It doesn't sound like it would have equal pressure. Or am I missing something?

Sorry I'm not doubting it just intrigued I've never seen a 3 piston set up. Only even numbers.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the 3 work? Is it 2 on one side and 1 on the opposite? It doesn't sound like it would have equal pressure. Or am I missing something?

Sorry I'm not doubting it just intrigued I've never seen a 3 piston set up. Only even numbers.
Seems it would be the same as a 2 piston floating caliper only with 3 pistons. If it were a fixed caliper then it would be a weird setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems it would be the same as a 2 piston floating caliper only with 3 pistons. If it were a fixed caliper then it would be a weird setup.

Thsts what I was thinking. Idk I'd have to see them closer up. I'm all for more options

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confident this brake upgrade completely saved my ass this morning. Dumbass in a lifted Tacoma slams on his brakes in front of me and I hit my brakes only to watch cars fly from side to side behind me. I easily out stopped him but was pissed he did it unnecessarily..anything less and I would have plowed right into him..based on how he drove afterwards i would say he tried to pull an insurance job..time for a dash cam..

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm confident this brake upgrade completely saved my ass this morning. Dumbass in a lifted Tacoma slams on his brakes in front of me and I hit my brakes only to watch cars fly from side to side behind me. I easily out stopped him but was pissed he did it unnecessarily..anything less and I would have plowed right into him..based on how he drove afterwards i would say he tried to pull an insurance job..time for a dash cam..

Douche!

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I glad I found this thread after replacing my brakes........oh well. The Denali needs lines bad so I will start there.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I glad I found this thread after replacing my brakes........oh well. The Denali needs lines bad so I will start there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645