07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
omg. you guys are great. didnt notice those were for the rear. thanks for the heads up!
btw: my understanding is my rears are the larger diameter anyways (2006 YXLD). i'll be replaced with 2006 rotors and pads. the fronts are where i want to go with NNBS 13" rotors and pads.... and SS lines hopefully. thanks again all.

That's what we are here for

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I talked with a local parts store about getting the front calipers today they asked me if I wanted the calipers with spread fingers or without..... :wtf:

Anyone have any input on that. I am pretty familiar with working on this truck now and other vehicles, I have been doing it for years now but I have not heard of this. Or if I have I may have heard it called as something else lol.

I thought she was flirting with me lol

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I talked with a local parts store about getting the front calipers today they asked me if I wanted the calipers with spread fingers or without..... :wtf:

Anyone have any input on that. I am pretty familiar with working on this truck now and other vehicles, I have been doing it for years now but I have not heard of this. Or if I have I may have heard it called as something else lol.

I thought she was flirting with me lol
When you said Her it made me think you should have gotten that number lol, but it seems to be a thing. We do have spread fingers as they separate the pad from the caliper. I think it's better referred to as "hardware".

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/products/Chevrolet/PAD-KIT-Brake/3047816/25910432.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have heard of it called hardware lol and I might have if I wasnt married lmao
Lol good man..me too..do they even get numbers anymore?! She probably would have said check her Instagram or something.

If the price difference is a few dollars that's what it's got to be.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol good man..me too..do they even get numbers anymore?! She probably would have said check her Instagram or something.

If the price difference is a few dollars that's what it's got to be.

Yea it was a $4 differenc.

And I honestly have no idea about numbers lol

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my past Yukon XL I ra: 14" rotors front and back then their 3 piston calipers in the front and their brackets to relocate the rear rotors. Can anyone compare this upgrade to that?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my past Yukon XL I ra: 14" rotors front and back then their 3 piston calipers in the front and their brackets to relocate the rear rotors. Can anyone compare this upgrade to that?

Link to the 3 piston caliper? I dont think I've seen one of those

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy