05 Tahoe line Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can not spin the front without spinning the rear. If you line lock the rear brakes to the point they won’t rotate, then you won’t be able to spin the front.
Not trying to spin the fronts though, trying to spin the rears.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is why it can't do it now, they'll do it without a line lock.

For the record I don't burn the tires off mine but I did try it so I know the sun wil do it. I have a obs truck for that
My 06 can't either. Even with traction control off the brake torque management drops timing when the throttle and brake are both applied. It is more of an suv thing. My 06 Silverado will power brake no problem though.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 can't either. Even with traction control off the brake torque management drops timing when the throttle and brake are both applied. It is more of an suv thing. My 06 Silverado will power brake no problem though.
My mistake too. I forgot everything I have I've tuned. Hadn't had a stock tune in 10+ years lol

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are understanding what he is saying. On a rwd, you don't have the front trying to spin against the line lock brakes.
ah, so what you're saying is the line lock may not be strong enough to prevent the front tires from spinning when I want them to be locked?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
ah, so what you're saying is the line lock may not be strong enough to prevent the front tires from spinning when I want them to be locked?
If you are just in 2wd it would be strong enough but is still more stress than a rwd vehicle. It would be trying to turn and would stress the drivetrain components.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are just in 2wd it would be strong enough but is still more stress than a rwd vehicle. It would be trying to turn and would stress the drivetrain components.
Yeah makes sense. Really would not like having to swap the 4l60e AGAIN. lol, I may not do the line lock it was simply something I was interested in inquiring about.