05 Tahoe line Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all Im considering installing a line lock on my tahoe to do some burnouts with a ***** pair of tires. Couple of questions:

Would it be easier to install it to the front or rear? Im okay with either setup as it kind of ends up doing the same thing for me either way.

Do I need to install it after the ABS pump to insure no problems with the ABS system?

What are the stock brake line fitting size at the MC and the ABS pump?

Thank you!

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It always goes on the front.
Ok thank you, but wouldnt front or rear work? For front you press brake and lock and for rear you lock then press the brakes when doing the burnout? do you think I should mount at the MC or after the abs pump?

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This American attitude will be a mystery to me until i leave this world.

How can someone do this to a good car like a gmt820 which is an american legend, to an American cultural asset and one of the last good cars in this period. There won't be anything like that in the future, there's just this over electrified disposable cars, that doesn't last 120,000 miles and can then be thrown away, cause those cars are consequently developt that they are not fixable.

Why does someone destroy his money in tires, damage the environment with abrasion and pointlessly burned fuel, for no reason?

And what's the fun in doing this?

Me as a limited German will never understand that. :oops:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This American attitude will be a mystery to me until i leave this world.

How can someone do this to a good car like a gmt820 which is an american legend, to an American cultural asset and one of the last good cars in this period. There won't be anything like that in the future, there's just this over electrified disposable cars, that doesn't last 120,000 miles and can then be thrown away, cause those cars are consequently developt that they are not fixable.

Why does someone destroy his money in tires, damage the environment with abrasion and pointlessly burned fuel, for no reason?

And what's the fun in doing this?

Me as a limited German will never understand that. :oops:
I would never ruin my good new tires, I have a friend who may have a ***** set he can sell me cheap.

As for why, idk to be quite honest lol, it truly is an American thing lol, I just want to be able to do burnouts

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never ruin my good new tires, I have a friend who may have a ***** set he can sell me cheap.

As for why, idk to be quite honest lol, it truly is an American thing lol, I just want to be able to do burnouts
Can we see a copy of your reckless driving ticket? When you get it? Id like to know how much your bond ended being too!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you, but wouldnt front or rear work? For front you press brake and lock and for rear you lock then press the brakes when doing the burnout? do you think I should mount at the MC or after the abs pump?
To apply power to your front wheels, you would need your transfer case to be in 4WD. In 2WD or 4WD, your rear driveshaft will ALWAYS be rotating in your model year.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You are doing this with a 4x4? You never did say, that I can see.

In this case, as @nonickatall said, why the efff would you want to do this? C'mon man! Grow up....Or as @rockola1971 said, proof of said burnout and pics of tickets.

As we saw recently in Austin, TX., burnouts are not cool, IMO, and a waste of materials and equipment and may result in someone getting hurt.

You want to spin tires? Do something really fun and build yourself a Mud Run rig like an old square body. Now that is fun!!!!!!!

I am going to ask an as yet asked question.....your age?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons