05 Tahoe line Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the front diff was a COMPLETE disconnect, I think it would be ok. Like if you had lock outs at the hubs like on a straight axle.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the truck not doing a burnout may have to do with the fact that my throttle body is drive by wire and not cable. Watching Neutral Drop they've beaten on some Tahoe's(way more than I ever would) and were able to do burnouts. They all seem like older ones to me with a drive by cable. So I'd probably either need to tune it to stop it from limiting the revs or convert to a cable system which would be a PIA.

justirv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This American attitude will be a mystery to me until i leave this world.

How can someone do this to a good car like a gmt820 which is an american legend, to an American cultural asset and one of the last good cars in this period. There won't be anything like that in the future, there's just this over electrified disposable cars, that doesn't last 120,000 miles and can then be thrown away, cause those cars are consequently developt that they are not fixable.

Why does someone destroy his money in tires, damage the environment with abrasion and pointlessly burned fuel, for no reason?

And what's the fun in doing this?

Me as a limited German will never understand that. :oops:
As Americans, we have guns too. My niece and nephew from the Nederlands just visited, and at the top of thier to-do list, above Venice Beach and Hollywood, was a trip to the gun range and the dragraces... Its ok that you don't understand, that's why we have Freedom of Choice.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Americans, we have guns too. My niece and nephew from the Nederlands just visited, and at the top of thier to-do list, above Venice Beach and Hollywood, was a trip to the gun range and the dragraces... Its ok that you don't understand, that's why we have Freedom of Choice.
Reminds me to a scene when i first visited the United States as a 16 year old boy on my own, and my uncle, which married my fathers sister, what was the reason she went to america, first took me, after they pickup me from the airport, with a Chevy Blazer (Nice memory) and we talked about the cold war and the nuclear threat we live on in Europe, to his bedroom in his house and said, he want to show me something.

I was really wondering in what that will develop. :oops:

He opens his closet and showed my several weapons. A shotgun, a rifle, several guns and said to me:

"You know. Maybe the russians can win the war, but they never can took america."

And i answered spontaneously. "Relax, they wont come tonight."

:gr_grin:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, if you ever make it back here again, I bet any of us would be happy to answer some of your questions. I think we would all have fun. In my case, however, I must apologize: I can't speak German.