Will 16" rims fit my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
you guys should move to California where i use my 24's all year long :)

HA! Move to the bankrupt state that keeps on raising taxes to pay for the things it can't....no thank you. Plus I'd have to sell most of my guns to comply with the ridiculousness that is gun laws in CA. I did my time in SoCal, won't be moving back anytime soon, if ever. ;)

On topic: My spare is a 16" so I'm going to assume they will fit on my Denali....lol. Already bought a used set with almost new tires on them for $200. Basic steel rally wheels, pretty ugly. Got a couple cans of Black Satin Finish Rustoleum spray paint last night and I'm going to clean and score them and then repaint them black. Should look....interesting. Kinda cop-like.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

... so has anyone figured out if 16's will fit on the denali with the brake set up?

I'll be swapping out this weekend so I'll know for sure, although since the full-size spare is a 16" I can't see how they wouldn't work. I'll let you know one way or another.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ok. So the 16's I got did not fit. They came off a 98 Tahoe or something close to that. Apparently 16's will fit, but not that year for an '03 Denali. They have a different back-spacing (is that the same thing as offset?) so they hit the brake calipers.

I'm pissed. Got good 16" tires, just paid to get studs put in them, and now I have rims that won't fit the truck. Sooo, be careful if you are looking for 16's. Some fit, some don't. Make sure you get the right ones. I have to now figure out how to pay for another set of rims, then swap the tires over to those, then put them on the truck. Turning into a bit of a PITA.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found some cooper discoverer ST used for 220.... LT265/70/17 for the stock denali wheels... just did the wheels black and im gonna mount them up to see how it all looks, ill have pics as soon as the paint has had time to cure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz