Will it fit - U Haul car trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am sure somebody has been down this road before; will our 2015-2020 Tahoes fit on one of those standard size U Haul vehicle trailers? I would think they would but would just like to know if anyone had done it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
80.5” is body width which the widest point is well above the side rail height of the trailer.x. Will need to measure width 12” up from ground. Pretty sure it will fit.

Biggest issue is weight. Don’t tell them what your hauling or they may not rent it to you. It has a max payload of 5290 lbs which your Tahoe exceeds.

OP
OP
Vortex

Vortex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks its just a 2020 totally stock with original tires. Just figured on here somebody might have already done it. Im moving next year and hate to have to fly back to move my tahoe.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over weight for that trailer. I wouldn't do it.

I'd look into other places that would rent a more heavy duty trailer rated for that load.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, you can rent a Car Hauler for cheaper than a Uhaul trailer.
In Fort Worth for instance, I rented a 20' Car Hauler for $69 for 24hrs. Get on Facebook or Craigslist and search Car Hauler for rent and haul your ride in style!

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313