Will 16" rims fit my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some winter rims that I don't care about, but I've had some mixed info on what size rims will fit my 2003 Denali. I've had a couple shops say it can take 16" and some say 17" is the smallest. Anyone know or know how to find out for sure??

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can fit 16's. it should be a factory option. My tahoe is an 04 that came w/ factory 17's but plenty of them came with 16's.(if i go to tirerack.com i have to call my truck a z71 in order to get the 17" option) Usually if you have 17's the spare rim is a 16. I called a junk yard today and could get spare rims for $30/rim..i was thinking about running them as winter rims.

I have been working on fitting a set of 15" rims..i can clear some on the front..but i bought spacers for the rear. After looking at it, it is probably more cost effective to buy 16's from a junkyard.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe came with factory 16's so you should be fine. I guess if you have an XL then you MIGHT need 17's but I really really doubt it.

pmbiker

Reaction score
My 05 is rollin on 16s now. Factory wheels/AT tires for the northeastern Indiana winter.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. Found a really good deal on 16's that I want to get, but the guy selling them said they wouldn't fit on his Tahoe? Said the brakes were too big. Might just have to find out for sure the hard way....

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same question a while back and dident get any straight answers... i got back and forth.... im just not sure cuz i think the Denali brake setup is a tad different...

anyone with a denali know? max?

pmbiker

Reaction score
It gets cold around here but that's not the issue. When the snow blows in off Lake Michigan shit gets covered up real quick.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was in cali for training awhile back, and it was beautiful... but PA has been my home all my life and i like the change in seasons... just not having to put my stockers on with knobbies... so has anyone figured out if 16's will fit on the denali with the brake set up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz