Why are my interior lights on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go out to the garage to get ready to run errands in the wagon. All of the interior lights are on in the 'Hoe. Rotate the thumbwheel, click the override button a few times, open and close driver's door, turn headlights on and off ... still on.

Weird.

I keep a battery tender on it, so not going to run the battery down, but why?

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bad door jam switch?

In the interim while you're figuring it out, be advised when you engage the "dome override button" it typically takes 30-45 seconds to take effect and shut the interior lights off.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Messed around with them for a few minutes, then got ready to leave. When I went back out, they were still on. Figured I'd try again when I got back home. By then, they were off.

I'll check in the morning when it's cold again.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to have my "Override" switch permanently depressed, or the interior lights stay illuminated, and leaves the battery dead. I have replaced door switches, to no avail. I am leaning toward the aftermarket "Prestige" alarm system installed circa 1997. It looks like a rats nest under the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia