Which build months are safe from lifter problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was saying it's 15% of the product line (as a educated guess), including all engines. Not that they other engines have the problems.

10000 trucks built, including diesels and I4.

I don't know if I and saying this correctly.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 11/20 build so it will be interesting to say the least how all this pans out.

I am now in the habit of disabling the auto stop/start feature as soon as I fire up the engine as this is one "feature" I can most definitely live without.
I notice the Monroney stickers on new Tahoes show a $50 credit because of the absence of Auto Start/Stop (chip shortage??). I'd pay $50 to have the feature removed

MAYukoner

Reaction score
I notice the Monroney stickers on new Tahoes show a $50 credit because of the absence of Auto Start/Stop (chip shortage??). I'd pay $50 to have the feature removed
Auto stop start one of the worst things to go into a vehicle and is useless

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we were to quantify how many lifter failures vs how many 2021's are out there, what would be the percentage of failures?
All I know is our local techs have never seen this many engine problems all at once from GM. I have heard this from multiple service reps up here. All our dealerships up here are filled with at least 10+ GM V8 5.3 and 6.2 vehicles with bent push rods and some with lifter issues or both. GM will most likely get forced into a major recall. loss of engine power is a major safety issue.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe - no issues. I wonder how many new owners will be keeping theirs for 10 years.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
My wife is still driving her 2009 Tahoe LTZ. But she is tired of waiting for her new ride. We first ordered in 2/2021 and now again for a MY22.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe - no issues. I wonder how many new owners will be keeping theirs for 10 years.
That's about how long I plan on keeping mine. This is a good time to buy since GMs large SUVs will probably continue to be best in segment for at least a couple more years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo