Where to buy new upper and lower arms for the rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short, i get some bad swaying at anything over 45, real bad when I hit a bump at highway speeds. The front end is solid and most of the parts are newish.

The rear I have 5" springs, relocation bracket, moved sway bar with new links, Sphoon panhard bar, Airlift helper bags in the springs, newer Belltech SP shocks etc. The only thing that hasnt been touched is the upper and lower arms. The truck has 200k on it.

I went to take my wheels off for the winter and both tires have some crazy wear on the edges, which would lead me to believe the rear end is shifting foward and back, just enough to make me notice the swaying.

Where can I get new uppers and lowers and not break the bank? I really just need stock replacements (even just bushings) but anything will work. Wanna get this figured out before I blow through my winter tires and so i can feel safe driving it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

this kit should do the trick?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.co...e&Sec=132336&gclid=CKa8sZSr8roCFY9DMgodhzUATw

or I can get complete lowers for 30 a piece and not have to replace the bushings myself? I would imagine that the lowers do more for the alignment and the uppers help keep the pinion angle right?

Last edited:

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The uppers are pretty solid from the factory, doubt you will have to do anything on them. If you want stock replacements your best bet would be to buy the whole piece new. By the time you get the bushings and have them installed you will probably have spent more than new ones.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what im thinking..the uppers are mainly to keep pinion angle, so im not worried about those..the lowers are $30 a piece on Rockauto..i gotta order some other stuff anyway, so i may as well try it out.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
If you find out lmk. I asked them about it when I ordered mine, and they said they couldn't. Cause they would need a jig to hold it in place, and for 1 set, it wasn't worth it, or woulda cost too much. . Uppers require two pieces to be welded together on sides. Check Spohns uppers out. Not saying you couldn't bend the bar. But how Spohn does it makes sense. Doesn't look hard, just about lining everything up correctly. Have thought about doing it myself or locally. But uppers are solid bar, not like lowers. So they don't flex the same. But would like to have the adjustability to re-center axle.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was gonna go that route a while back, but never did lol..i had the order ready but never finished it..the stock lowers will be fine for me. Im gonna have the maint. dept box them in for me, so that should firm them up i would imagine.

Swapped my esky wheels on for the winter, and the swaying 99% went away..i think that means I may have a slightly bent wheel/tire problem..looks like the 24s may be getting sold in the spring for whatever I can get..i actually enjoyed driving the truck last night with the smaller, lighter wheels and tires..i forgot how nice it rode with a quality tire with some sidewall lol..probably find some nice stock 20s and just roll that if i plan on keeping it. Was gonna buy a 2014 silverado, but student loans and thinking about a house put that on hold for a while..

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hay white out how have your lowers held up and who did you order them from

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
They have held up perfect. Bushings still perfect, bars, ends, mounts, welds, everything, solid as the day I got them. For the price, and quality, awesome upgrade. And they used thick, large tubing, so beefy as hell. Only complaint, would be poly bushings. Squeak like f@ck when cold or wet, but goes away after a bit. But I use poly in a few spots, so not just them, and like I poly.

Can't remember exactly where I got em from, can try n find out for you if wanted. But was online, from a shop that sold air components. Just 4 link adjustable bars. Just called and gave all my specific dimensions needed, and they fabbed em up. Hardest part was measuring everything, and making sure I was on. Think I have all specs in thread I made. And you could probably get it done locally, if you know of people or shops that build 4 link bars, air ride, fab shops ect... or do yourself. Just get correct size mounts, and tubing. Weld it up, and good to go. You don't have to go adjustable either. I did cause panhard bar and incase I ever get uppers, I can adjust them both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito