What heppends when you drive a Ford...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc00bz

South Paw
Reaction score
At one point Ford did have a steak in cummins, but that was long ago. The LB7 Duramax(First year) Had injector issues, but the ones since are good trucks. The LLY Duramax 04.5-05 Had overheating issues, but they are easily fixed with what is called an LBZ Mouthpiece or a Killer Bee intake. My dad had an 06 LBZ and currently drives an 08 LMM without any issues.

I see. Well, I'm glad he has had good luck with them. We gave up on duramax because like I said, we had no luck with them, but if your dad does, more power to him and his trucks. I just read a few minutes ago (don't know how reliable the source is) that cummins has a new agreement with ford to manufacture diesels in many of the F-Series trucks. Any idea if this is legit? I know Ford will be offering diesels in the new F-150s but don't know if they will be cummins or powerstroke. I want to say it's going to be a 4.4L.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I think the 4.4L will be produced by Ford along with the 6.7L Scorpion diesel that will go in the 2010 SD. Cummins engines are and have been avalible in the F-6 & 750 trucks for a while.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my issues with all of them. But I will say as of late that we have gone thru 2 BUick Enclaves (2008 and 2009) that were lemon law pieces of shit. And now this Denali is having some gremlins (driver information center going nuts and saying service stabilitrac, serivice traction control etc) And the 7 year old mustang that sits in the garage and gets the snot beat out of it on the weekends never breaks.

How many recalls has there been on the 2010 Camaro already??? I know of at least one that caused them to spontaneously combust!!

Ford will catch up on the pony car war next year, they were just enjoying saving money til GM and Chrysler got their heads out of their *****, it's on like donkey kong now.

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either way, Ford can suck my ass, dont like the way they look, dont like the way the build em

But its ok that Gm and Chrysler took the Bailout but not Ford?

I respect Ford for that.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Looks like another unit bearing failure, I fix those things all the time at work. 7.3 is a solid puller but the ford interiors suck ass. Only truck I'd take from ford is a newer harley f-250 black on black with the black headliner...take that pile of international shat that is the 6.0 and replace it with a dmax or 24v cummins once the injectors/egr/trans/turbo failed. Honestly I'd take a 4L60 over an E40D/5R100 any day of the week, still don't know what the **** ford was thinking when they took a bronco trans and stuck it behind a diesel 3/4 ton truck. Quality is job #1.

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Failed On Race Day!!!!!

At least Ford had a car that made it to every race day since the muscle car era started. :)
Car and driver still rated mustang the number one modern muscle car even though it got beat in the quarter. Both the other "contenders" were bloated flagships that were being sold for one and a half times their sticker. For the price you could buy a new Camaro or Challenger when they came out you could have bought a Shelby that would challenge the Corvette or if you were so inclined, go out and buy a Corvette. I have a buddy who bought two Camaros when they first came out, paid the premium, and is sorry he did it because now all he has is a used Camaro worth the same as all the rest.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who bought two Camaros when they first came out, paid the premium, and is sorry he did it because now all he has is a used Camaro worth the same as all the rest.

When you pay for a table at a club.. you get in quicker.. get some special treatment.. but at the end of the night your just as drunk and walking out the same door at the same time as everyone else...

does it mean you regret getting vip? No.. and you shoulda never bought it if you were gonna..

He wanted to be the first one he knew to have one.. he paid for that privilege.. dont ***** about it now.

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
He wanted to be the first one he knew to have one.. he paid for that privilege.. dont ***** about it now.

True enough, myself i would never pay extra for a car that's going to be a dime a dozen six months down the road. I would however pay above sticker for something unique or rare so that you are the only one with it for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia