Drive line Phasing, Is it still a thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a pinion seal replaced a couple of weeks ago. This morning I went for a road trip, about 2 hours on an 85 mph freeway, above 90 mph it seems I am getting a slight drive line vibration, or it could be my imagination.

I may be a little twitchy, because I am overall not happy with the fellow that did the work.
When I picked it up there was mud up the sides consistent with driving on a wet dirt road, I suspect he drove it home for lunch..Of course he denied it, but there was mud caked up in the fenderwells too. I baby that Denali and have a Jeep for off road use.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a pinion seal replaced a couple of weeks ago. This morning I went for a road trip, about 2 hours on an 85 mph freeway, above 90 mph it seems I am getting a slight drive line vibration, or it could be my imagination.

I may be a little twitchy, because I am overall not happy with the fellow that did the work.
When I picked it up there was mud up the sides consistent with driving on a wet dirt road, I suspect he drove it home for lunch..Of course he denied it, but there was mud caked up in the fenderwells too. I baby that Denali and have a Jeep for off road use.
Dried mud can cause vibrations too, especially if its stuck in the wheels.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see how anything could have changed with the drive shaft with the seal change unless the pinion nut wasn't tightened correctly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Driveline phasing would not be effected by what was done. If he dropped the driveshaft, pinion nut not tightened correctly, mud on wheels and mud on the driveline....WAG. No u-joints replaced, right?

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No u-joints replaced.
I looked in the wheels and there was no build up. Not like it was gumbo mud, but I could tell he ran it down a dirt road. We had some snow/rain and it wasn't freezing.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dirt would upset me a little bit too. I am also real picky about keeping it clean, when I get the dealer lube job (get lubed in a couple ways there) I leave a note on the steering wheel to not wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel