What heppends when you drive a Ford...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
well if gm dealers were not dicks that charged over msrp and actually had the vehicles and didnt BS their customers, then maybe I would have gotten a camaro. I wanna know why the camaro has 425 hp yet its only .1 faster from 0-60 than a mustang with 315 hp. :

:lol: :lol:

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if gm dealers were not dicks that charged over msrp and actually had the vehicles and didnt BS their customers, then maybe I would have gotten a camaro. I wanna know why the camaro has 425 hp yet its only .1 faster from 0-60 than a mustang with 315 hp. :

:lol: :lol:

0-60 .1 slower.... and 1/4mile .7 slower Mustang 3550lb VS Camaro 3900lb... so yeah it's going to take alot more to move the camaro off the line....but there goes the time after it does get going...mustang can't hang even with 350 lb of weight difference to it's advantage. Anyone who drag races KNOWs how much 350lb can do with times. Bet it wont be .1 of a second from 5-60.

Dang i didn't know mustang v6's had 315hp, more then camaro's v6's 305 wow impressive. Wait....that is a V6 hp rating for the mustang right? :893MrT-thumb:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
0-60 .1 slower.... and 1/4mile .7 slower Mustang 3550lb VS Camaro 3900lb... so yeah it's going to take alot more to move the camaro off the line....but there goes the time after it does get going...mustang can't hang even with 350 lb of weight difference to it's advantage. Anyone who drag races KNOWs how much 350lb can do with times. Bet it wont be .1 of a second from 5-60.

Dang i didn't know mustang v6's had 315hp, more then camaro's v6's 305 wow impressive. Wait....that is a V6 hp rating for the mustang right? :893MrT-thumb:

no the v-6 on the mustang is 210. but a preformance car never has a v-6 lol. and IMO the camaro should not even have a v-6 option. But I cant wait to see the numbers on a mustang with the coyote engine that has 400 hp. Bringing back the 5.0 baby. . Also my mustang wont be staying stock for long. Ford has so much more preformance options that gm its not even funny. I can get a super charger and still maintain full warranty.

sc00bz

South Paw
Reaction score
Personally I have a love/hate relationship with ford, dodge, and gm as well. I hate ford gas burners and I hate the newer diesel engines. I trust the 7.3L diesel (no longer made as of 2003 I think; can't remember) but not the 6.0L, 6.4L, and the new one for next year which is the... aw hell I think it's a 6.7L (may like it later but want to see how it performs first) I also don't know how good this new 4.4L diesel is going to be that ford is putting in their f-150s next year. I trust a cummins (dodge; which is funny because I believe the cummins is actually made by ford). I do not like the d-max however. I have heard too many horror stories from buddies about the d-max. I believe chevy signed a deal with caterpillar for their regular pickup trucks but I'm not sure. If they did, when they come out with the caterpillar engine in a pickup, I believe I will like them alot and begin to trust Chevy diesels again. I do not like chevy trannies other than alison and I do not trust dodge trannies. Ford has a good tranny but ****** gas burners other than the old in-line 6 from the late 80s/early 90s and the 351. Chevy has good gas burners but ****** trannies (well, not ****** but as mentioned previously, not the best). Dodge has decent gas burners and ****** trannies. If I could make me a truck. I'd have an F-250 with a caterpillar (which they've made) and alison trans... and my hoe of course.

Edit: Before someone bashes this, it is my opinion. I am purely going on experiences of my buddies/relatives/myself.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
My dad has had good luck with older Ford Diesels, Mainly the 7.3 Powerstroke, Great motor. We have had good luck with The Older 5.7 from chevy, and the newer 5.3 from chevy.
Have had nothing but problems with anything from Dodge, Actually had an intrepid that the radiator pretty much fell off on the highway.

Great luck with Fords Transmissions, Especially in our 7.3
Decent luck with Chevys Trannys, dads last 2003 tahoe had serious tranny issues before we sold it.
And Dodge trannys, Ugh...

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Personally I have a love/hate relationship with ford, dodge, and gm as well. I hate ford gas burners and I hate the newer diesel engines. I trust the 7.3L diesel (no longer made as of 2003 I think; can't remember) but not the 6.0L, 6.4L, and the new one for next year which is the... aw hell I think it's a 6.7L (may like it later but want to see how it performs first) I also don't know how good this new 4.4L diesel is going to be that ford is putting in their f-150s next year. I trust a cummins (dodge; which is funny because I believe the cummins is actually made by ford). I do not like the d-max however. I have heard too many horror stories from buddies about the d-max. I believe chevy signed a deal with caterpillar for their regular pickup trucks but I'm not sure. If they did, when they come out with the caterpillar engine in a pickup, I believe I will like them alot and begin to trust Chevy diesels again. I do not like chevy trannies other than alison and I do not trust dodge trannies. Ford has a good tranny but ****** gas burners other than the old in-line 6 from the late 80s/early 90s and the 351. Chevy has good gas burners but ****** trannies (well, not ****** but as mentioned previously, not the best). Dodge has decent gas burners and ****** trannies. If I could make me a truck. I'd have an F-250 with a caterpillar (which they've made) and alison trans... and my hoe of course.

Edit: Before someone bashes this, it is my opinion. I am purely going on experiences of my buddies/relatives/myself.
Cummins is its own company and is in no way owned by Ford. The Duramax is a great motor my dad is on his second Duramax and will be buying another as long as GM stays afloat in the next couple months to a year.

sc00bz

South Paw
Reaction score
Cummins is its own company and is in no way owned by Ford. The Duramax is a great motor my dad is on his second Duramax and will be buying another as long as GM stays afloat in the next couple months to a year.

I wasn't sure if cummins was still its own company or not as I thought I had read something about ford and cummins (I could be wrong and I coulda been drunk idk lol). Like I said my opinion via experience and experiences of my buddy's and family is that d-max are turds. The 5 that have been owned by my family and friends could have all been lemons or they could have wheeled them / worked them too hard.

Last edited:

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if cummins was still its own company or not as I thought I had read something about ford and cummins (I could be wrong and I coulda been drunk idk lol). Like I said my opinion via experience and experiences of my buddy's and family is that d-max are turds. The 5 that have been owned by my family and friends could have all been lemons or they could have wheeled them / worked them too hard.
At one point Ford did have a steak in cummins, but that was long ago. The LB7 Duramax(First year) Had injector issues, but the ones since are good trucks. The LLY Duramax 04.5-05 Had overheating issues, but they are easily fixed with what is called an LBZ Mouthpiece or a Killer Bee intake. My dad had an 06 LBZ and currently drives an 08 LMM without any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900