What else did you look at before pulling the trigger on a Tahoe/Yukon? Any regrets??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denada

Reaction score
RRsport has an inch more headroom in the rear than the Tahoe and more cargo space when all seats are being used.

Additionally 7700 lbs is a pretty big uhaul....

But I agree that 22" dubs and (darker than factory) tint looks silly on pretty much any vehicle.

Don't get me wrong. The Tahoe/Yukon is a great car (I have one) but there's lots of valid alternatives out there if you aren't regularly hauling 8 people and a boat.

Sent from my iPhone9 using Tapatalk

A whole inch? :)

That comment about cargo space is wrong. In fact, you could combine the cargo space (behind the second seat) of a Cayenne with the RR Sport's and it still wouldn't add up to the full size GM SUVs.

7700 lbs is nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure. I have had 3 regular RRs over the years and they worked amazingly well in a pinch. I could move a large boat or trailer short distances if I really needed to. But anything bigger than a uhaul trailer on the highway for a couple hundred miles or up a steep mountain pass or in icy conditions was not the most fun or safest thing in the world. Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should.

To your point about 8 people and a boat...how about simply picking up some family from the airport? 3 or 4 passengers plus a car seat, stroller, etc. and their luggage is not fitting in to Cayenne unless you're strapping things (or people!) to the roof.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a time when these vehicles were simply called trucks. Then the marketing gurus got into the game and the companies realized that these vehicles were cash cows. In my business these vehicles serve a purpose, and they have also allowed me to haul my family and gear around. I drove two 2-door K-Blazers from 1981 until I bought my current Yukon new in 2001. I've enjoyed sitting in a larger space that's higher than most traffic. I find it a safer postion being able to see farther in the distance. While I don't tow very much at all, I don't think twice if I need to throw three 55-gallon drums or other supplies in the back.

I've been monitoring the goings on with the latest models. It's dismaying that the popularity of these vehicles has driven up prices, but it's reality if I want to replace my 2001. It's also dismaying that so many early buyers have been saddled with serious issues. I'm currently on hold as a result. But the 2001 is still going strong on it's original engine and transmission at 286,000 miles. So I can enjoy the wait for GM to tackle the issues properly, and have no problem buying a GM truck again when they do.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove a Sequoia...I thought it was loud...poor diver ergonomics plus I banged my head on the A pillar getting in and out. The power was on par with the 5.3...hated the styling.

Drove an Expedition and Navigator with the V-6 Eco Boost Turbo. Seemed to me like I was pushing it all the time to get it to go...turbo lag I guess. The Fords just didn't have the part throttle grunt that the GM products do. We aren't driving around all the time with our right foot planted on the floor !!

It came down to a new SLT/SLE or a used Denali/Escalade. My budget was $50K (cash sale)...I'm happy with my 16 SLE Yukon...I couldn't justify another $25K~$30K for all the luxury and 6.2 with an 8 speed. I can spend $7K~$8K on a Magnuson Super Charger install and pull away from the 6.2's with my 5.3.

Just my thoughts...make your choice and spend your money as your wants and needs require.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I left a shiny Dodge Ram in the dust at the turn of the lights. I could actually see his shocked look in my drivers side mirror.
Not the same as walking a Corvette in a G8...but still gave me a big shiity grin.

Jcthoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the 3rd row seats in their 15? Looks doable but not sure its worth the hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Those aren't crossovers.

And a cayenne and RRSport are for sure much 'cooler' than the ultimate mom-mobile suburban. Every frumpy mom in my town owns one...

But you're right. There just aren't good 'full sized' choices right now. Maybe the new wagoner will finally give GM some much needed competition in this segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
View media item 25089Do this in a Cayenne?
Lol.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of an awesome 2011 Toyota 4Runner for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I didn't look at any other models because the deal they offered me on the one I bought couldn't be found anywhere else EVER. I paid $55,000 for a 2015 LTZ fully loaded (minus electric running boards and auto-braking feature).

If money grew on trees I'd own the Cadillac Escalade in a minute though, but it doesn't and you can buy a house for $100,000 in some states. Spending $100,000 on an American made vehicle is the dumbest shit ever. I'm a loyal Toyota/Lexus owner because of the reliability so I hope I don't get burned buying an american SUV. Only time will tell but at least I'm not upside down on my vehicle as soon as I drove it off the lot.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at a 2015 Toyota 4 Runner. If Gm would have an option in the instrument panel to shut off the Afm I would be in total love with my 2016. Im having issues with a lot of drone/booming when v4 kicks in on mine.

Last edited:

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
12 grand at cop auction no frills, tons of power and 2011 goodness. Luckily, this one didn't smell like k-9. I want to make it smell like cigars but my kids won't let me. Lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz