2004 Tahoe Pulling to the right. Left tire worn on inside. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stotzbotz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Friends. My 2004 two wheel drive Tahoe has been pulling to the right for some time now and it's time to fix it. Not long ago I put a new set of Cooper tires on it and although the right tire looks fine with very little even wear, the left tire is quite worn on the inside tread after stupidly driving it for a few thousand miles without addressing the problem. Nothing rattles while going down the road or steering it. Would anyone know how I can best figure out where the trouble is? I would be ever so grateful. Thank you so much in advance.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hello Friends. My 2004 two wheel drive Tahoe has been pulling to the right for some time now and it's time to fix it. Not long ago I put a new set of Cooper tires on it and although the right tire looks fine with very little even wear, the left tire is quite worn on the inside tread after stupidly driving it for a few thousand miles without addressing the problem. Nothing rattles while going down the road or steering it. Would anyone know how I can best figure out where the trouble is? I would be ever so grateful. Thank you so much in advance.
Alignment and a front end inspection would be the first step
If it’s pulling to the right typically the alignment has been knocked off the stock slider alignment cam plates are bad about moving or coming loose in some cases.

Dirt king fabrication and SDC makes locking alignment cam plates to fix this issue
I’d get the cam plates (80$) and maybe new pins if needed (20$)
Get her alignment done and go from there
Upper Arm Alignment Cams & Pins for 99-18 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra https://a.co/d/4PeVtpX
If you don’t have play in the steering wheel that’s a good sign the idler and Pittman arms are ok

Tie rods normally causes a slight shake in the steering wheel when they go bad same with wheel bearings but the wheel bearings can go instantaneously at the same time and when that goes I’d stop right where you are at before the tire falls off her…

OP
OP
S

stotzbotz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to install these. Either way they are a fantastic upgrade. My steering is still tight, no shaking or vibration when driving, no strange sounds. I'm thinking that this is the right fix. Love my Tahoe. It has been very good to me and has had very little wrong with it over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts