what does a capacitor do for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I surely don't have no issues with you speaking form what you feel in your several years of car audio, but surely you shouldn't have issues with me speaking form my end, 21 years, and a manufactures stand point.

I completely agree.. I've only been around it for about 7 or 8.. and I was like 15 when I got into it. You have been doing it as a carrer for most of your life.. so I know you know your stuff. Much more than me in fact.

don't be upset when someone has another point of view, simple.

I'm not upset at all.. hard to read sarcasam on forums.. my bad :)

We're cool.. I promise :Handshake:

I just love car audio.. and I like to think I know what I'm talking about sometimes. It gets me in trouble though when I come across someone with real experience like yourself.

My apologies :)

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

<gasp> you mean an $800, 1000 watt amp on the internet....read my post above. Read slower, MSRP/Internet sales

I get what you mean about the Manufactures standpoint now.. JL's 1000/1 from the JL factory.. if you were Joe Schmo trying to buy it direct (not a dealer).. Then it'll run you around $900.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, not upset at all. When I started here in 1988, and amplifiers came out, REAL ones, not cheap 700 watt (believe it or not, back then, 700 watts was MASSIVE) a 1000 watt ZR1000 retailed for $1299, and they sold for that. Times have changed drastically, and internet, and consumers pushing pricing down, and down, drives manufactures to either adapt, or fail. But they make stuff try to fit the price points us consumers want to pay. Over the last 21 years, i have seen a TON of small companies open up a small shop. Some I even know them, personally. Scott Atwell that opened RE, then sold to US Amps, then moved and made Fi. I know Nick that owns Incriminator. I've met many top dawgs at bigger companies, such as RF, JL, Maxxsonics, etc,etc just from being around it for so long.

You know what your talking about, all I a doing is trying to do is all in a little from a manufacturing, and what we 'strive' in sales, and reasons why it's changed.
I used to be a Moderator on many,many,,many car audio forums, the reason I really don't care to talk audio here. I came here for sharing performance on these SUV's, not to argue about car audio,etc. If I wanted that, I have many other forums I could go too. :D

we're cool bro, no worries and no hard feeling from me to you, or hopefully vice versa.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I get what you mean about the Manufactures standpoint now.. JL's 1000/1 from the JL factory.. if you were Joe Schmo trying to buy it direct (not a dealer).. Then it'll run you around $900.
Oh I know Manville Smith at JL, I can promise MSRP is way over $1000 on that amp, but we also sell to Crutchfield, so I know how pricing is with them, competitive. (MSRP, not internet price):Handshake:

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
<gasp> you mean an $800, 1000 watt amp on the internet....read my post above. Read slower, MSRP/Internet sales

Read your post again, Read it slower, and dont forget your a.d.d. pills.

You clearly posted and implyed that anything not priced out to this magical price you created that must be 100% right just because you have been installing stuff for the past 20 years, is that anything not priced 1 dollar per watt is cheap, and comes from people who are not good either. Cruthfield is one of the top online audio retailers. So clearly your statement is not 100% true, GASP!!!!! :Wedgie:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read your post again, Read it slower, and dont forget your a.d.d. pills.

You clearly posted and implyed that anything not priced out to this magical price you created that must be 100% right just because you have been installing stuff for the past 20 years, is that anything not priced 1 dollar per watt is cheap, and comes from people who are not good either. Cruthfield is one of the top online audio retailers. So clearly your statement is not 100% true, GASP!!!!! :Wedgie:

here, I'll make it easier for you.

Before ******* out on the internet, and smaller companies coming in with someone elses tooled amp board, prices remained high, and $1.00 per watt was average. But now you have guys that have nothing in tooling, R&D, sales force, etc and sell for cheap and it floods and pushes margins down.

For a good amp, $1.00 per watt for MRSP is the norm. But a lesser, cheaper buiilt amp, it lowers significantly. But the internet pushes even the 'good' amps down, by good products, being sold by not so good people.

I know Crutchfiled is a reputable seller, see..

but we also sell to Crutchfield,
so I know how pricing is with them, competitive. (MSRP, not internet price)

and read what I just posted too:

Times have changed drastically, and internet, and consumers pushing pricing down, and down, drives manufactures to either adapt, or fail. But they make stuff try to fit the price points us consumers want to pay.

and

Oh I know Manville Smith at JL, I can promise MSRP is way over $1000 on that amp, but we also sell to Crutchfield, so I know how pricing is with them, competitive. (MSRP, not internet price)

shame on you for not comprehending.:sleepy10:

i'm sure titanium02 understood what i meant and was saying, of course, this was an A-B conversation between him and I.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want an amp with true rms ratings, don't buy an amp that isn't CEA2006 compliant.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
i'm sure titanium02 understood what i meant and was saying, of course, this was an A-B conversation between him and I.

Yep. I slowly realized you had some time in the business... you didn't just go out there and say it at first.. plus, we we're doing the same thing on 2 different threads.

Also.. you've got some friends in high places.. might want to watch what I saw from now on :) I'll tell you this much.. if I ever have a car audio quesiton from now on.. I'll be sure to PM you. Very good to know people at JL. They did an AMAZING job at fixing my 1000/1 when it grounded out (don't ask me how I managed this when I sound like I know a thing or two lol).

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want an amp with true rms ratings, don't buy an amp that isn't CEA2006 compliant.
amen Jeff, puts them all on a level playing field...

Also.. you've got some friends in high places.. might want to watch what I saw from now on :) I'll tell you this much.. if I ever have a car audio quesiton from now on.. I'll be sure to PM you. Very good to know people at JL. They did an AMAZING job at fixing my 1000/1 when it grounded out (don't ask me how I managed this when I sound like I know a thing or two lol).

JL is some good stuff, but doubt I can get ya discounts :D

Last edited:

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I get discounts through my JL dealer in ATL :) .. so no need anyways..

It's just always nice to have somone who works for them in your contact list. If something were to break... I know who to talk to.

I've been wanting to hear a Fi or RE sub really bad.. just never seen them around. Hopefully I'll run across someone with a good setup one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879