what does a capacitor do for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No... 1000 watt amps arn't 1000 bucks.. 500 watt amps arn't 500.

$0.70 per watt.
I'm speaking from a manufacturing stand point. Sure, you can buy less expensive, but for the last oh, 20 years, it used to be $1.00 per watt. But we all know 2500 (even good amps) 2500 watt amps can be had for $650, so really it's $.26

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I'm speaking from a manufacturing stand point.

You're saying it costs $1/watt to manufacture? Or are you saying that's the manufacturer's goal.. to sell them for $1/watt?

I cant think of any amps selling for $1/watt.. let alone be made at that cost.

Sure, you can buy less expensive, but for the last oh, 20 years, it used to be $1.00 per watt. But we all know 2500 (even good amps) 2500 watt amps can be had for $650, so really it's $.26

I'll give you that.. car audio has come down in price over the last decade.. but guess what.. today is today and it dosn't really matter what they used to sell for..

$0.70/watt is a general rule of thumb for all good amplifiers. The reason I said that is you can go to wal-mart and see a 1,500 watt amp.. but when you check the price and see it's $300.. you know that the amp is super-over-rated.

Why are you badgering me on these car audio posts? I'm just trying to put out good info and you're tyring to discredit me it seems.. that's what it feels like at least.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
who cares how much it costs per watt. Its not priced like that and we all know it. Just get over it, both of you.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not discrediting you by any means, I am speaking from a manufactures stand point, and just adding my $.02 since this is my life, my job for over the last 21 years.
Before ******* out on the internet, and smaller companies coming in with someone elses tooled amp board, prices remained high, and $1.00 per watt was average. But now you have guys that have nothing in tooling, R&D, sales force, etc and sell for cheap and it floods and pushes margins down.
For a good amp, $1.00 per watt for MRSP is the norm. But a lesser, cheaper buiilt amp, it lowers significantly. But the internet pushes even the 'good' amps down, by good products, being sold by not so good people.

I surely don't have no issues with you speaking form what you feel in your several years of car audio, but surely you shouldn't have issues with me speaking form my end, 21 years, and a manufactures stand point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman