What do you guys think about this one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I have seen the silver one, i really do not like the wheels (vanity, I know) plus it was a rental and that dealership is sketchy to me. The SSV is nice but no third row seating and I really do not want to go through buying and installing a set of seats like i did my previous Tahoe. I am not stuck on a PPV/SSV but i really like the clean looks without all the side molding and such.
Happy to help! I did see a number of them up here in the NorthEast (caution of rust-but not always) so if you find something up here, happy to go look and/or help you get to the vehicle.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also found this one. Has second row buckets but everything else seems to check the boxes

then there is this one. I would need to add third row, steering wheel and console. Also not keen on the fact that it does not look like it has 2 batteries and that wire harness in the front

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at Subs as well but not finding anything. Can't do a pickup, need the passenger space.
I went on AutoList just now and came across a bunch of Yukon XLs. Saw one in the Houston area, one had two minor accidents and is silver with low miles, bunch more throughout the state and neighboring states. Than I looked up Suburbans in Texas and quit looking after ten, there's even a nice Z71 for sale.

In Houston:

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice, how did it look? Did you make it up there for a test drive? If so how did it sound and feel?

I think we all may have forgot to mention, even if you hear a tick, it might not be a bad engine. It could be a stuck lifter or something as simple as a broken bolt/cracked exhaust manifold. You might already be aware, but they a prone to having this issue on both sides.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice, how did it look? Did you make it up there for a test drive? If so how did it sound and feel?

I think we all may have forgot to mention, even if you hear a tick, it might not be a bad engine. It could be a stuck lifter or something as simple as a broken bolt/cracked exhaust manifold. You might already be aware, but they a prone to having this issue on both sides.
this one was a giant nope. They obviously used a generic description for it. It was a black and white cop car, second row seats and rear door panels were just laying in the back. body was rough. didn't bother with a test drive.

I did go check out the one at the start of this thread and it was the exact opposite. minor paint blemishes (age) cracked dash (typical) but it was in fantastic shape and drove great. Super clean inside and out. only issue is the price.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might go take a look at this one. similar price as the 2013 but this one is loaded. I would want to change the wheels (ugly) and get rid of all the side molding and badging if it was not too difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts