What do you guys think about this one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like Top Dollar +.

Everything is high right now, but pretty much every PhD that follows such things believe it is transitory (won’t last).

To me, this one was clearly a fleet/government vehicle, which means it sold for pretty close to bottom dollar when new and likely the seller bought for waaay under what he is asking, knowing he is in a moment with low inventories and many willing buyers.

I agree with the advice offered previously. If you can wait it out a while, you likely will be looking at the same thing for maybe 60-70% of what he is asking.
Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of waiting and will need to get something as soon as I can.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of waiting and will need to get something as soon as I can.
I can understand not being able to wait, but at the same time....why overspend your hard earned money on a beat to s**t old cop car. If you HAVE to have a cop Tahoe, why not just get a beater car until you find a cop Tahoe for the right price. Don't just roll over and overpay for s**t that's beat, just my honest opinion here.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cloth front buckets but leather in the back? Huh?
And that price does seem kinda high. Yes it’s super clean from what the photos show, but most stealerships have prices jacked up to compensate for the lack of inventory due to the chip shortage.

Vinyl, not leather. Seems to be a premium price for a not-so-premium vehicle. Bottom-level options, and a fleet vehicle so no pride of ownership by the driver(s).

If you're financing, bear it mind that it's plausible that you could be badly upside down for a few years.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can understand not being able to wait, but at the same time....why overspend your hard earned money on a beat to s**t old cop car. If you HAVE to have a cop Tahoe, why not just get a beater car until you find a cop Tahoe for the right price. Don't just roll over and overpay for s**t that's beat, just my honest opinion here.
Judging from the lack of holes in the body, plus the fact that it already has the third row seats. i doubt this was a cop car. But so far it is the closest to what i would like to have and the low mileage is great. I don't mind the vinyl seats since they are durable. I would need to change out the steering wheel to get the radio controls.

here are some others in the area. Either too old, not equipped right or too expensive, high mileage.
1630108246329.png
1630108346467.png
1630108449396.png

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about here this - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...elper.selectedEntity=c23137#listing=306950704 or https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...elper.selectedEntity=c23137#listing=307302084

If you are willing to travel to pick it up-the CarGurus site had a number of SSVs available that were several thousand less than this vehicle. Just take a minute and breath-there are others out there and you will be able to find something. Hopefully, the above info is helpful.
I appreciate it. I have seen the silver one, i really do not like the wheels (vanity, I know) plus it was a rental and that dealership is sketchy to me. The SSV is nice but no third row seating and I really do not want to go through buying and installing a set of seats like i did my previous Tahoe. I am not stuck on a PPV/SSV but i really like the clean looks without all the side molding and such.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging from the lack of holes in the body, plus the fact that it already has the third row seats. i doubt this was a cop car. But so far it is the closest to what i would like to have and the low mileage is great. I don't mind the vinyl seats since they are durable. I would need to change out the steering wheel to get the radio controls.

here are some others in the area. Either too old, not equipped right or too expensive, high mileage.
View attachment 348796
View attachment 348797
View attachment 348798
How about a Suburban, one of the Yukons or pick up truck? Tahoes have always commanded a premium and have seen the prices of the pickups start to come down more than these numbers in some areas.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a Suburban, one of the Yukons or pick up truck? Tahoes have always commanded a premium and have seen the prices of the pickups start to come down more than these numbers in some areas.
Been looking at Subs as well but not finding anything. Can't do a pickup, need the passenger space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts