What do you guys do to get ur Hoe ready for Winter?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always carry a long length of chain and a strap, a small shovel and de-icer in a spray bottle.
Extra weight is always good for that extra bit of traction.

Thankfully I dont have to worry much about snow down here. 2.5 years so far and I havent seen 6" of snow, hah.

1ugly88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nobody has said it yet, so i will...... make sure your 4wd actually works!!! had 1 storm here about a month ago, clicked her into 4hi and..... nothing. actuator finally died. fun ride to work though.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
nobody has said it yet, so i will...... make sure your 4wd actually works!!! had 1 storm here about a month ago, clicked her into 4hi and..... nothing. actuator finally died. fun ride to work though.
I must through her around corners in 2wd it is how I get ready for winter :D

Last edited:

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as most others on here.
Warm it for a few.... then go.
Balls...still no snow by me :(

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tested mine last night going through a couple of puddles on the side of the road xD

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this "winter" you speak of???

i think its what they call the weather here now. ha ha.. crisp cool 70 winter. ha ha.

Give her a pair of hat and gloves,shovel, and tell not to come back in til the driveway is cleared......:D

Sorry, but that is hilarious and wrong at the same time.

Check tire pressures mostly and let it rip.....winter is just another day in WI.....

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
mine get a winter makeover. I put on my pushbar because it comes in handy when people get stuck. I carry Recovery strap, extra long jumpers, a medi kit. Install my Winter rims with snow tires. When it does snow, I go out and have fun.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it? I check my fluids year around, nothing new or special. Recovery gear is always in my truck for wheeling, so I don't have to get that ready. Always have some basic tools in my truck, and try and carry jumpers if possible.

I do warm it up before I leave for work. Otherwise, it stay's the same year around. Can't wait for snow though, we still don't have any

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

All accept one has been 2wd. A good LS with good tires and a little weight and I've made it through and past many a car/truck/van :) through some pretty impressive snow falls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed