Tire question, what you got and why do you love em?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I got a nail in a bad spot on one tire. I have the road hazard policies so it’s covered for sure. I normally replace 2 tires if I have a half worn one that gets damaged. So I am trying to decide what to replace these duelers with. I have a steering shake on small bumps or more of a shimmy. Doesn’t bump steer on big bumps but small ones it has a weird feeling and feedback through wheel. Grip it harder it’s not as bad. But I think it may be very related to the road force of the Bridgestone on there.

So I’ve heard folks have good experiences with other brands. I personally loved my nittos on the wife’s charger and 3 other trucks I’ve owned. Great tires 421 is a good all around tire. The 420 was best in rain like almost bass boat worthy in big puddles.

12 burb 2wd with zw7 I would think either the Michelin defenders or 2 new duelers or some 421 nittos but what’s everyone’s experience with getting that good ride back with tires. I know 20s won’t ride like 17s. But still I’ve had an 09 hoe on 22s that didn’t have steering shake on the tires.

Why I think it’s the tires is I have checked out the front end, no slack everywhere. When it’s cooler temps it rides better. Tires are at 33psi cold 36 when hot out.

So tire suggestions guys. What you got and why do you love em?
Street tires only, not throwing all terains for a 500 mile a week commuter.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the goodyear eagle ls/2 or sport, with these trucks they stick to the road like glue even in heavy heavy rain, I also like them because they are not a hard tire like the Michelin's they are what I would call a medium tire, no road noise, decent wear/miles out of them, and price is a good bang for the buck my last set of 4 I paid $550 out the door, why they sometimes get bad reviews online is beyond me, my experience has been very positive I don't see myself shopping for a different tire unless I change wheel size as the eagles only go up to 20"

I might add that I sometimes drive like a mad man, a good tire is critical, I don't have one complaint about the eagle's

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always run with Dueler Alenza H/L’s. They give me a great ride and good life. On my 07 Yukon XL Denali I averaged over 85k miles until I traded at 300k. I have also had them on my 08 XL Denali, 09 Suburban and now on my 13 XL Denali.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Defenders installed for about 5k miles, so far, and I like them. The size that I have is 305/50x20 on stock 8.5" rims, and they are not the LT version. They ride very well, and they handle well when pushed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094