What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a way to cover the Chevy bowtie on my 2001-04 OEM wheels now I need to find some wheel
Locks.

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil today. As you can see from the pic it was nasty! This is only 1 month+ old oil with less then 500 miles on it but it's contaminated with fuel from the leaking fuel pressure regulator I replaced yesterday.

Put in fresh Pennzoil and a new Acdelco PF52 not the PF52 E shit they make now. I ordered the original from RockAuto.

And found out that loud whistle/whine was my ac compressor clutch. I turned the clutch slightly and the noise is gone. They build up a slight amount of rust between the clutch and the pulley.

Attachments

• IMG_20131009_131944.jpg
    IMG_20131009_131944.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 27

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Good job for getting on it and fixing the prob quickly, and changing the oil...not just r&r'ing the FPR.

Yeah this is my daily driver and only vehicle so I want to take care of it. I'm meticulous with taking care of vehicles i own. I let that oil drain down to the very last drop went inside and waited over a half hour. I might drop the oil pan next spring and give it a real good cleaning.

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
...I let that oil drain down to the very last drop went inside and waited over a half hour. .

Alright...I do the same! And I try to jack it (or have it drain de-jacked) so the drain hole is angled so it's at the lowest point of pan. I always drain the oil hot so it's thinner and drains quicker. Also mixes up and re-suspends into the oil any sediment that might otherwise settle and sit on the bottom of the oil pan. Gotta get that crappy oil outta there!

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put my new 04 chevy wheels with the new tires on tonight
and then shined them up:biggun:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Put in a new FPR today and got rid of all my codes p0172, p0175 and p0300 :favorites37:

As you can see in the pic right below the FPR the manifold is spotless clean and everywhere else is dirty. Definitely the FPR is bad when you see it that clean below it.

but... now I think i have a small vacuum leak. I hear a whistle/whine sound that gets real loud but stops when i hit the throttle and comes back when i let off it.

So i gotta recheck things tomorrow. I hope I didn't crack the plenum because I couldnt press it over the fuel spider because of the new gasket. So I put 2 bolts in the plenum and tightened them slowly to press down on the gasket ?I heard a noise but I'm pretty sure it was the gasket squeezing.

Gonna spray carb cleaner around the plenum and other areas and see what happens.

It starts up no problem and no more odor or check engine lights and drives very good!:peace:

Damn I would have chucked that old system for the upgraded on.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright...I do the same! And I try to jack it (or have it drain de-jacked) so the drain hole is angled so it's at the lowest point of pan. I always drain the oil hot so it's thinner and drains quicker. Also mixes up and re-suspends into the oil any sediment that might otherwise settle and sit on the bottom of the oil pan. Gotta get that crappy oil outta there!

When I change my oil I take the engine out of the truck, pull it all apart, wash everything with a stiff brush and detergent, wipe it all down with a lint free cloth, put it back together and put it back in the truck.

:challenge:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
When I change my oil I take the engine out of the truck, pull it all apart, wash everything with a stiff brush and detergent, wipe it all down with a lint free cloth, put it back together and put it back in the truck.

:challenge:

Pfft. I just drop in a new crate motor every 3000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover