What did you do to your NNBS SSV/PPV today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Ok, question.... I had a local shop put it in along with a new water pump and thermostat. It was a perfect fit. However, now the temperature shoots up to about 215 and the secondary fan runs like crazy. Top and bottom hoses felt hard so I figured it could have been a bad thermostat out of the box. So I picked up a new one, 187 degrees and replaced it. It runs a bit cooler but still gets up to 215-ish. Hoses are still hard. Thoughts?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I can think of is that the port for the small hose that goes from the radiator to the surge tank doesn't have the restriction in it, although that usually makes them run colder. Pinch off that hose somewhat to see if restricting the line improves the cooling. Several threads on here about it.

EDIT: shout if you need more reference to threads about the restrictor.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I had a 45acp casing laying around so I popped out the primer and stuck it in the return hose. Still no difference. After about 5 miles of driving the fans start screaming and the temp starts heading towards 215-ish. Hoses still get hard. New 186 degree thermostat. Could it be air still in system or possibky a bad impeller on the new water pump?

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't that normal operating temps for our engines?

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't that normal operating temps for our engines?
About 210, or where the needle sits in the middle of the temp gauge is where it should be. That's where it sat for 197k before my radiator swap, waterpump and thermostat replacement. Now it's slightly to the right or center and both fans are screaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts