What did you do to your NNBS SSV/PPV today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Transfer case and rear end rebuilt. 153k miles. Wow it rolls and accelerates super smooth now! As soon as you out it in drive and step on the gas it moves like silk. Reason for the rebuild was that the differential flat out broke.. In figured after 120k hard cop miles and 30k of my miles it's no big surprise. For what I paid for it I'm still way ahead of the game.

Perro

Reaction score
Went to the salvage yard looking for the spare tire Jack kit and found the rear tow hitch for 50 bucks, so I jumped on that deal. I guess those bolts are super glue to the frame because they're all tight lol but after cursing in two different languages hahaha, they we're all out. I was going to grab the shifter handle also but couldn't remove it, it only had the torx type screw or bolt, but still didn't want to come off, any suggestions on how to take it off? You all have a great day ✌

20171205_112003.jpg 20171204_121407.jpg 20171205_120847.jpg

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the salvage yard looking for the spare tire Jack kit and found the rear tow hitch for 50 bucks, so I jumped on that deal. I guess those bolts are super glue to the frame because they're all tight lol but after cursing in two different languages hahaha, they we're all out. I was going to grab the shifter handle also but couldn't remove it, it only had the torx type screw or bolt, but still didn't want to come off, any suggestions on how to take it off? You all have a great day ✌

View attachment 188331 View attachment 188332 View attachment 188333
Keep me updated I wanna do this too but I don't know if all you need is gear shifter or how to take it off really.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to service my Unity spotlight. The housing is pretty loose and the lens was very cloudy. I replaced the lens but when I attempted to tighten the head post nut, I must have dislodged or damaged something. The light no longer turns on unless the handle is jiggled into certain positions. It looks like I will need a new head post at the very least. Going to call Unity on Monday.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to lower mine. Its not coming out in my favor though.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my new 255/65-17 Michelin X-ice winter tires just in time for another 4 inches of snow. They work great with the traction/stability control. But it would be much more fun if I could turn off the stability control, although it makes me behave. It's still a very quick 2WD in the snow, and fun to go sailing by all the 4WD vehicles struggling on all season tires. I've been running dedicated winter tires on all my vehicles for 22 years, and won't drive in the winter without them. Cheap insurance.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my new 255/65-17 Michelin X-ice winter tires just in time for another 4 inches of snow. They work great with the traction/stability control. But it would be much more fun if I could turn off the stability control, although it makes me behave. It's still a very quick 2WD in the snow, and fun to go sailing by all the 4WD vehicles struggling on all season tires. I've been running dedicated winter tires on all my vehicles for 22 years, and won't drive in the winter without them. Cheap insurance.
U have the button under radio for stabil/trac? If you do press button and hold for a few secs and it will go off.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U have the button under radio for stabil/trac? If you do press button and hold for a few secs and it will go off.
Apparently not on a 13 PPV after trying it many times. Probably so no one can shut off going 130+. I'll try the brake fluid level switch disconnect tip, and if that works I'll install a switch I guess. Too cold to deal with it now.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from not being able to turn off the stability control, my 2wd PPV is a FN rocking riot to drive in the snow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC