What did you do to your NNBS SSV/PPV today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, bought it for $40 bucks including the DIC button LOL and came out of a 2007 tahoe. I noticed it has a leather steering wheel that I might purchase but there's nothing wrong with the steering wheel that I have, plus I don't want to make too many changes because I like the PPV look, that's why I'm also holding on the tow hitch swap for now.

We got a leather-wrapped wheel from someone on this list. It's a nice upgrade from the plastic one. Unless they're wanting a ton of money for it, I'd say go for it. I think you'll be glad you did.

OP
OP
2011SSVHOE

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
We got a leather-wrapped wheel from someone on this list. It's a nice upgrade from the plastic one. Unless they're wanting a ton of money for it, I'd say go for it. I think you'll be glad you did.

Yea I got mine off of Ebay for 80 bucks, the best part is you now have the radio controls on the Wheel.

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swapped out the overhead console for one that had homelink. Plug and play. Didn't have to additional power like a Hyundai I tried to do it in.

Super Sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the plates on, :) Ordered key fobs last week, I programmed them today. Also took center vent panel loose and plugged in DIC switch.
I'm going to pick up better seats tomorrow.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my high dollar Firestone police pursuit tires on my Hunter road force balancer only to find out they are way out of spec on road force. The spec is 28 max pounds of road force, and the best one was 40, up to the worst at 77 pounds of road force, which is mostly run-out in the tire. Now what? Love the pursuit tires, but $1700+ for new ones isn't going to happen. Wish I had government money.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my high dollar Firestone police pursuit tires on my Hunter road force balancer only to find out they are way out of spec on road force. The spec is 28 max pounds of road force, and the best one was 40, up to the worst at 77 pounds of road force, which is mostly run-out in the tire. Now what? Love the pursuit tires, but $1700+ for new ones isn't going to happen. Wish I had government money.

Balance them or get regular tires.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the 2007 PPV in 2010, so far the following job has been done:

1) Front struts (OEM, Monroe)
2) Front upper control arms with ball joints (Moog)
3) Front lower control arm ball joints (Moog)
4) Repacked Front hub bearings grease via ABS sensors' holes
5) Rear shocks (OEM, Monroe)
6) Starter & alternator
7) Spark plugs (OEM, Delco)
8) Installed new version driver-side valve cover
9) Installed after-market rear towing hitch
10) Sway bar end links (Moog)

Back to civilian model:

1) Re-connected rear doors latch rods, doors can opened from inside
2) Re-connected horn switch
3) Added DIC button
4) Added towing hooks