What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
NAAAHHH
Those Morimoto's were on sale about a month ago for like $800 and my wife told me to buy a set, but I decided that I have better things to spend that money on, lol.

Maybe she'll buy them for me for fathers day or something

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hung up on the stock style too.

Considering HID's too, I guess with the Tahoe, high beams are separate.
I just worry the ballast will go out and I don't want to grind the bulb slot.
Probably keep running the LED dropins for awhile to test them out longer..

On another note, I installed some Sylvania dome light LED's, cool whites.
A little too blue for me, makes my interior feel green..
I chose them because it wasn't too many LED's, I didn't want it too bright..
I swore I wouldn't by sylvania's again.. I'm swearing again.
Get these ballast, they are not junk by any means. they are very well made, been running them for 5 years in the Silverado and about a year in the wife's 16
the trick to getting HID's to work right is to wire the ballast right to the battery and just use the headlight positive as a trigger with a good quality relay like Hella or Bosch
at any rate they are universal you can use them for anything. (any hid bulb) all you need is the correct wire harness
been using HID's for like 15-20 years, ever since they started poping up for aftermarket
the OLD original ballast's used to be pretty good then when they became popular people started making them super cheap inside to make more profit you could feel it in the weight and when you cracked one open alll the parts inside were tiny in comparison in the same size housing to make it look like it was a quality ballast. As a result they would either burn up in no time or not even work right straight out of the box.
these hylux are the just like the old original high quality ballast that you would get 15 years ago.
they take about 3 weeks to come from china.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get these ballast, they are not junk by any means. they are very well made, been running them for 5 years in the Silverado and about a year in the wife's 16
the trick to getting HID's to work right is to wire the ballast right to the battery and just use the headlight positive as a trigger with a good quality relay like Hella or Bosch
at any rate they are universal you can use them for anything. (any hid bulb) all you need is the correct wire harness
been using HID's for like 15-20 years, ever since they started poping up for aftermarket
the OLD original ballast's used to be pretty good then when they became popular people started making them super cheap inside to make more profit you could feel it in the weight and when you cracked one open alll the parts inside were tiny in comparison in the same size housing to make it look like it was a quality ballast. As a result they would either burn up in no time or not even work right straight out of the box.
these hylux are the just like the old original high quality ballast that you would get 15 years ago.
they take about 3 weeks to come from china.

I have a retrofit HID setup in a 2002 Altima.
I put them in not long after I bought the car so they went in early 2002.
Bulbs have been changed twice but the rest of the setup has been rock solid for 22 years.
They are a McColloch system.
Are you saying the new HID setups work with either AC or DC bulbs?
Because I have to pay attention to that with my older setup.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks nice..... the headlight style goes with the look of it.
Yeah I think it compliments the push bar setup.

Tore my bumper yesterday on a curb at work. I didn’t feel it rub when I pulled in. But when I went to back out it locked onto the curb. I had no one there to help me so I had to gas it hard. Lowered truck rookie mistake,

IMG_6832.jpegIMG_6833.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a retrofit HID setup in a 2002 Altima.
I put them in not long after I bought the car so they went in early 2002.
Bulbs have been changed twice but the rest of the setup has been rock solid for 22 years.
They are a McColloch system.
Are you saying the new HID setups work with either AC or DC bulbs?
Because I have to pay attention to that with my older setup.
as far as i know the bulb doesn't matter, but these ballast's are AC . Output Voltage: AC85V

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think it compliments the push bar setup.

Tore my bumper yesterday on a curb at work. I didn’t feel it rub when I pulled in. But when I went to back out it locked onto the curb. I had no one there to help me so I had to gas it hard. Lowered truck rookie mistake,

View attachment 428227View attachment 428228
You're in a good club..... I have seen a few Ferrari's with the same sort of scratches.
( Fix the tear with a plastic piece, behind, and some rivets.....)

Reaction score
The Acadia came with HID headlights from the factory. Last year one of them went out and would act weird, like be on, then go out, then be dim and slowly brighten back up. So I bought a set of these DS3 6000k bulbs on Amazon and installed them both. They're like $40 a pair.

Marsauto D3S HID Bulbs, 6000K Cold White, Xenon Replacement Bulb, 3500 Hours Longevity, Waterproof Design, Up to 350% Brightness, 5 Minutes Installation, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/fqVR2F5

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Acadia came with HID headlights from the factory. Last year one of them went out and would act weird, like be on, then go out, then be dim and slowly brighten back up. So I bought a set of these DS3 6000k bulbs on Amazon and installed them both. They're like $40 a pair.

Marsauto D3S HID Bulbs, 6000K Cold White, Xenon Replacement Bulb, 3500 Hours Longevity, Waterproof Design, Up to 350% Brightness, 5 Minutes Installation, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/fqVR2F5
Once in a while, I read about replacing your stock bulb with an LED.....
What is important is to buy an LED design that produces light that reflects inside your housing properly. Not all LED's are designed the same, and the wrong type makes a poor beam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon