GMC YUKON (07-14): XB HYBRID LED HEADLIGHTS-unboxing/output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as titled
lights came packaged well in one big box, each light was in a 2nd box inside
they came packaged in foam, no broken tabs.
one box also contained the harness for the DRL function to work as designed, a small packet of dielectric grease, some stickers and a paper note about possible moisture
no install instructions, however there was a sheet of paper indicating the install instructions are on the morimoto website (spoiler alert-THERE NOT THERE EITHER)
luckily it doesn't take a rocket scientist to hook these up, everything is pretty much plug-n-play the harness to make the DRL function run at full illumination has to be plugged into a 10 amp slot in the fuse box with key-on power.
How the DRL function works on the Yukon's is the DRL is the low beam circuit just at a lower voltage less than 12v but more than 9v, the Morimoto lights detect this lower voltage and in turn just illuminates the led C and nothing else, unless of course you use the blinker. Turning on the fog lights activates the low beam and makes the C led dimmer and the other marker lights then turn on, same as when dusk settles in and the lights automatically switch on. The C led remains lit when you activate the blinker (unlike some vehicles out there with similar led's). the C led remains lit with high beam on as well.
fitment was good, no modifications were needed.
I previously had HID's installed in the oem housings, these LED projector are not as bright as my HID's were BUT the overall light output pattern seems to be slightly better
out of the box the lights were aimed high and needed to be adjusted down a lot.
my photo's are not the best but you get the general idea, they do give the vehicle a more "updated appearance" the photos of the lights from in front at night (lots of glare in my camera) do not really give them justice they look nice, I will try to get some better shots in the day light or dusk and add them.
OTO.jpgOTO1.jpgOTO2.jpgOTO3.jpg

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think they look awesome! i wish they would have come through with a tahoe version. they said they were going to, then backtracked on it.

Also wheres some daytime pictures so we can just see how they look overall??

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think they look awesome! i wish they would have come through with a tahoe version. they said they were going to, then backtracked on it.

Also wheres some daytime pictures so we can just see how they look overall??
I just put them on last night, it's raining and still dark right out, I will get some today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157