What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted and balanced the continental h/t

they are the non LT ones in the 265/70/17 size but man, I gotta say softest easiest tire I've very mounted. they literally just fall on the rim. hope they don't sway from the softer sidewalls. the defenders that came off were noticeable stiffer but that could be because of the age.

new tires always feel good compared to old ones, but these seem nice. Definitely quite. I hear more wind noise than road noise now haha.

off to try and find a shop that will do an actual alignment for me tomorrow. these days it hurts my soul to pay for work that I know they won't even do. Just tow and go, tell me the printer is down or they forgot to save the before lol. I'm half temped to put a uniform on to go even thou it's my day off lol. in hopes of a bit of courtesy.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you slide the rubber buffers/pads (or whatever they're called) up the cable so they, er, buffer the noise?

No I could not. And the offending cable did not have it anyway. I sliced up a piece of silicone heater hose and ZIP TIED it to it where it was bouncing on the control arm. Then ZIP TIED the cables together where I saw fit here and there in places I thought it would dampen the bouncing.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO!!! THE PROPER WAY IS TO RE-ROUTE THE CABLES OVER THE SWAY BAR!!!!11111!!!!ELEVEN!!!!

View attachment 421221

giphy.gif

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's tough to find honest shops these days.
There is a local shop that is very honest.
Step son picked up a used car and took it in for an alignment, it was still in spec so they didn't charge him a dime.
Just called and told him to pick it up.

that's nice.. I mean I get it, alignment doesn't pay much, it's more of find something wrong while you're there type of thing. that's why most places offer a lifetime one for 150$. it takes a long time to set the rack up and do a good job. time they should be making money bit fighting with rusty suspension bolts but ugh. I'll pay you if you do it right. last time I had one done, I brought it home and ended up checking it and having to torque all the bolts, nothing and we tight. the cams would have moved as soon as I hit some corners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n