What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Used the Suburban to tow the camper to Tennessee and back, about 700 miles. I got about 8.8 MPG towing the camper which I think is about .7 MPG better than last year. I forgot to take a pic of the Suburban, camper, and muddy Jeep, so will post these two instead.
First the jeep to replace my daughters totaled Malibu. We went off roading at Windrock Park, Tn.
IMG_0546.jpg
Not sure of the pricing strategy here, but it was like that both Wed and Thurs at a Phillips 66 station there by Windrock Park.
IMG_0552.jpg
It was nice not having the dash bouncing up and down on the Suburban after I fixed it. Unfortunately, I should have done that sooner as i have another crack.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the Suburban to tow the camper to Tennessee and back, about 700 miles. I got about 8.8 MPG towing the camper which I think is about .7 MPG better than last year. I forgot to take a pic of the Suburban, camper, and muddy Jeep, so will post these two instead.
First the jeep to replace my daughters totaled Malibu. We went off roading at Windrock Park, Tn.
View attachment 375378
Not sure of the pricing strategy here, but it was like that both Wed and Thurs at a Phillips 66 station there by Windrock Park.
View attachment 375379
It was nice not having the dash bouncing up and down on the Suburban after I fixed it. Unfortunately, I should have done that sooner as i have another crack.
Windrock is a beautiful area. That's only about 40 minutes from my house.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave my almost 16 yr old son a go at a 5 speed manual knowing he will likely never have to drive one.

Not bad for the first time. Stalled, jerked, didn’t brake, stalled. Lol all good.

13 yr old daughter told me she wanted a 1994 Convertible mint green Bronco.

Ok… none of those all go together in OEM form in a single statement.

The girls looked online and found $60k-$250k for their line items.

Ummm… next.

Maybe a Jeep dad?

:lol2:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let my 15YO Daughter drive us to the Fair in it. Thats a big trust step for me! I figured what does it say if I don’t trust her? She is a pretty good driver.
Good on you. I've been the first to drive every new truck off that lot that my dad has bought since I was 9 years old. Yes, 9. I just drove it to just past the edge of the lot, but I was the first to drive it. I will never forget those times and she will likely never forget you trusting her enough to drive your pride and joy.

When I bought my Yukon, I made my dad go with me to pick it up. I wanted him to be the first to drive MY first brand new truck. It was a special moment for me and I think he was more nervous that something would happen to it than he ever was when he let me drive his stuff, lol.

I told him "like you always told me, it's just a piece piece of shiny metal and they can be replaced, especially when they're brand new!"

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 girls 4 years apart. The first one drove my 89 Suburban with the boat in tow at 14. She did very well! When the other one turned 14 she drive forklifts at work and a semi truck with an automatic transmission in the yard back and forth. Pull up back up set the air brakes and release etc. good times

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took 'er to New Orleans yesterday. Cruised with the rather minimal traffic at 80-90. She averaged 16-19 mpg at those speeds after getting fresh 93. Still 20-22 at 70-75. I forgot how well she pulls at WOT from 60-70. It's not often I get on the interstate and even less often when it's open enough to go faster than 70.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took 'er to New Orleans yesterday. Cruised with the rather minimal traffic at 80-90. She averaged 16-19 mpg at those speeds after getting fresh 93. Still 20-22 at 70-75. I forgot how well she pulls at WOT from 60-70. It's not often I get on the interstate and even less often when it's open enough to go faster than 70.
How in the Sam Hell are you guys getting that kind of MPGs. When I drove to Florida, running 75ish all the way down, I got no more than 16. I would not give up my truck but a few more mpgs would be nice.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the Sam Hell are you guys getting that kind of MPGs. When I drove to Florida, running 75ish all the way down, I got no more than 16. I would not give up my truck but a few more mpgs would be nice.
I get about 13 In thecopcar, but I do have AT tires and extra weight.

Still too early to tell with thethirdtwin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts