What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another angle of the routing. You can see the new line that connects the transmission cooler fitting from the radiator to the auxiliary TOC. Some dumb GM oxygen-stealing mouth-breathing smooth-brained dork designed the dumbest thing for this system.

View attachment 373745
The same numnbnutz that have you remove the front bumper to change a headlight lamp.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was actually a week or two ago, but I experimented with the wire loom from Hazard Fraught. I installed it on the exposed wires that run down behind the power steering pump:

IMG_0617.JPG

It says it's rated for up to 200°F. Either it doesn't get that hot in this area or it's underrated. I had plenty of idling and hard driving on it to get it heated last weekend. Next will be all these other exposed ones. The one I put on is 1/2" and I also bought 3/8". Might go back for the smaller stuff for the injector and coil wires:

IMG_0619.JPG

I should get some proper high-temp harness tape while I'm at it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard from my smog guy in 2 months, so I guess I'll be spending this weekend putting the stock intake back and stock tune back on, putting regular back in the tank and removing the physical ethanol sensor. Stupid commiefornia.

You gonna put that alcohol sensor back on? I know a guy that could use it.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another angle of the routing. You can see the new line that connects the transmission cooler fitting from the radiator to the auxiliary TOC. Some dumb GM oxygen-stealing mouth-breathing smooth-brained dork designed the dumbest thing for this system.

View attachment 373745

Did you try to unbolt the cooler from the frame to give you some slack?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was actually a week or two ago, but I experimented with the wire loom from Hazard Fraught. I installed it on the exposed wires that run down behind the power steering pump:

View attachment 373769

It says it's rated for up to 200°F. Either it doesn't get that hot in this area or it's underrated. I had plenty of idling and hard driving on it to get it heated last weekend. Next will be all these other exposed ones. The one I put on is 1/2" and I also bought 3/8". Might go back for the smaller stuff for the injector and coil wires:

View attachment 373770

Need to add this to my to do list.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to add this to my to do list.

I've been ignoring it for far too long. I've researched a bunch of expensive stuff from specialty suppliers but never bothered to see what sizes I needed so I never ordered any. I was killing time at Hazard Fraught the other day and decided, for $3, I'd give it a shot. I just did that one circuit since it was close to the header as an experiment cuz I was expecting it to melt, if not vaporize. It might not last as long as the original stuff, especially for those of you that drive your rigs regularly. But I'm gonna rock it and find out.

Now I'll have to update my sig pic. :p

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 373769

View attachment 373770

Is it regular split loom like I see or are you talking about woven stuff?

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hard line on the right (that's the transmission cool I'm referring to) won't go out of the hole my booger-picker is pointing towards.

View attachment 373725

Ohhhh those!

Yeah, those were "interesting" for me to get out.
You need the whole fkn line free, that means the crossmember under the engine/front axle.

I'm not sure if the front axle needed to be out or not, but the crossmember was in the way 100%

Once it's out, you can tilt it to the side and down and out.

there is also a little bracket on the other side, don't forget it.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fun day out with the tahoe.
I had fun enjoying my antiques and modern toys.

1656214047019.png

I'm digging the new front end height very much!

The canopy thing,
It's ok.
Good idea overall, I think I'll probably keep it.

The table was a fantastic idea.
It made the whole thing just work. :peace:

Also tons of grasshoppers.
Like everywhere!!

When i got home I noticed something in my wheels...
Apparently, there were a shit load of grasshoppers that thought my wheels was a fun Ferris wheel.
:poker:
I thought it was weird on the way home, I had a slight vibration.

Sorry I didn't take pictures, but it was nasty.
Picture grasshoppers still in mostly one piece, but their insides were not.
It looked like they gave babies to little maggots.

then my front bumper...
Well, lets just say it had wings.
Lots of wings...

Let's go with "Angel wings"
Yes "Angel wings"
:derp:

I hosed that shit off before it dried on there.

Also, that grill insert I made with the aluminum screen is working fantastic.
More eww there.
but it's not caught in the radiator!! :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC