What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas where this oil is coming from? All over the starter area and leaking down. Hard to get good pics.

View attachment 371439View attachment 371440View attachment 371441View attachment 371442View attachment 371443

It looks like it's been a slow leak for a long time. I'd say to clean it off and monitor for fresh oil. But, that pic showing it up high, behind the head and all over the top of the bell housing leads me to suspect VLOM or oil pressure sensor.

...Wasn't it you that found your VLOM bolts loose not long ago?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's been a slow leak for a long time. I'd say to clean it off and monitor for fresh oil. But, that pic showing it up high, behind the head and all over the top of the bell housing leads me to suspect VLOM or oil pressure sensor.

...Wasn't it you that found your VLOM bolts loose not long ago?
Isn’t the oil pressure sensor on the driver side like the previous generation?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Vlom, OP sending unit and screen, valve cover gaskets all replaced. I'm wondering if it is a weep from the damn right/rear steam vent seal. Mixing with a lower oil leak on the way down.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Vlom, OP sending unit and screen, valve cover gaskets all replaced. I'm wondering if it is a weep from the damn right/rear steam vent seal. Mixing with a lower oil leak on the way down.

That'd be the luck! Looks too grimy up there to be coolant. You'd have a nuisance coolant loss if it were that much. If it were such a tiny amount, it'd evaporate before it ran down enough to mix with oil.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing rotors, pads and brake fluid this weekend. Opened the box for my brand new Motive pressure bleeder, only to discover the GM specific cap and hose were missing. After $30 in parts and two hours of driving/fiddling, it still won't hold pressure. The pump leaks internally. What a piece of junk. I guess I'm gonna teach my wife how to manually bleed brakes tomorrow. Meanwhile it looks like I parked in a bad neighborhood.

20220528_160254.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing rotors, pads and brake fluid this weekend. Opened the box for my brand new Motive pressure bleeder, only to discover the GM specific cap and hose were missing. After $30 in parts and two hours of driving/fiddling, it still won't hold pressure. The pump leaks internally. What a piece of junk. I guess I'm gonna teach my wife how to manually bleed brakes tomorrow. Meanwhile it looks like I parked in a bad neighborhood.

View attachment 371526
Are you sure the pump is leaking and not the adapter you bought? Did you buy the Motive adapter or something else to make it work? The pump just has a rubber flap on the bottom to seal, I don’t see how it would fail unless it’s deformed. In fact, I think it would only leak fluid out the top since that’s submerged in the new brake fluid that you put in the bleeder. You did put fluid in it, correct? It fills the MC automatically.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the pump is leaking and not the adapter you bought? Did you buy the Motive adapter or something else to make it work? The pump just has a rubber flap on the bottom to seal, I don’t see how it would fail unless it’s deformed. In fact, I think it would only leak fluid out the top since that’s submerged in the new brake fluid that you put in the bleeder. You did put fluid in it, correct? It fills the MC automatically.
The adapter is homemade from a Dorman reservoir cap, some rubber gasket material, brass fittings, epoxy and hose. I can understand the skepticism. But I bench tested my thread seals successfully. I've only pressurized it with air, so far. I didn't want it leaking brake fluid everywhere. By the time I get Motive on the phone after the holiday, I hope to already have this done. So it'll be a quick conversation about getting a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec