What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I just read some more on adaptive headlights and it seems we haven’t implemented them because a law written in the 60’s stipulates that high and low beams can’t be on at the same time. Adaptives have high beams on all the time and shade portions of the field. Interesting reading.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I just read some more on adaptive headlights and it seems we haven’t implemented them because a law written in the 60’s stipulates that high and low beams can’t be on at the same time. Adaptives have high beams on all the time and shade portions of the field. Interesting reading.
1642632458598.png

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yeah our old ass laws say that we must have separate HIGH and LOW beams, and those are the ONLY two modes available... its outdated and stupid.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got those push fit union connectors, they are the shit. And the quick release works well. Very cool! I think the barbed fittings maybe aluminum, they are very light and non-magnetic.

When considering ethanol, aluminum is better than brass. But, it's still much more affected than stainless. There's too many factors to make it worth using in the system. Those PTC unions are the safer bet in this case.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12.7mpg on E85
16.5mpg on 93

This checks out, seeing as E85 has about 27% less energy than E0. Especially considering that the E85 from the pump is often more like 60%-70% ethanol. So, it'd be a little stronger than that 27%, leading to less consumption. A full 85% blend should yield more like an even 12 MPG if you averaged 16.5, barring all the other variables.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I thought I was doing pretty good considering I drive 5 over the speed limit city and highway. This is a combined 80/20 city/highway. I don’t romp on from a dead stop, but I’ll get it to 110+ on occasion before I remember the stock driveshaft limitations. 5.3l 4l60e 3:42 g80. 226,000 on the clock…

Last edited:

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think when I do the VVT and DOD delete I'll paint the radiator black so I can't see it behind the grill, or at least the tanks.
I don't really like it seeing the shiny aluminum back there... Pretty sure once I relocate the trans cooler to make room for the intercooler on the whipple, I think that intercooler will take up most of the aluminum core and I won't have to look at it.
I painted my mishimoto black, too

AmunRoo

Reaction score
In Chicago, premium goes from $3.70 at its lowest (Costco) to about $5.85 (Downtown Chicago).

As for the question about the taillights, they're direct OE fitment from a company called Spyder. No need for resistors or extra harnesses. Complete plug and Play. As for them fitting, they fit fine. The only issue is a tiny mm sized gap at the top and bottom that I'm not happy with. Other than that, they work perfectly fine and light up nice and bright.

The full length 3rd brake light, I got from Amazon. I bought the smoked light and this part, I have absolutely no issues with. Everything was perfect and it was also plug and Play.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
I would trust there site about as much as when you said that Amazon mentioned the same thing. I think it was @Rocket Man that said something along the lines of “if they had to input EVERY year, make, model vehicles info it would be a nightmare for their system.

Are the 4th Gen tail lights the same fit with just a different look?

Try either a heat gun and some GooGone, or a bottle of hot water with a drop of fabric softener. Don’t ask me why the second one works, but it also helps take wall paper off like nobodies business. Since the plastic layer came off, you might be stuck with the heat gun and Googone.

Ignorance is bliss, so be nice guys, and remember I don’t do participate in social media of any kind outside of this forum, I haven’t turned on the news since 2012, and didn’t know gas pumps had movie screens that yelled at you while you were pumping. With that being said…What the hell is a “Doordash”.

I feel that way trying to play catch up sometime. Kinda like this response…it’s also a response to 107 other messages I just finally read through.

It’s a glass onion, not brass onion.

Did you try flipping any of your bulbs over? Some of the smaller LED blinker bulbs are “polarized” - I can’t think of the correct term, but some of them will stop that crazy seizure blink from happening just by flipping the bulb and reinstalling it.
The 4th Gen taillights will not fit the 3rd Gen trucks. The lights I bought were made for the 3rd Gen in the 4th Gen style.