What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the PS front exterior door handle on my Yukon a couple of years ago. I bought the Dorman version. I compared it against the OEM one and found it to appear just as good as OEM (which admittedly isn't very good). The Gruven parts are just threaded inserts to repair ONE specific failure mode where the OEM inserts pull out of the handle. Both the one that failed on my truck and the one other I've seen broken failed where the actuator rod attaches to the handle, not the threaded inserts. The only fix for that would be a billet handle. The last time I looked you could buy billet handles, but they were several hundred apiece.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This leather seat swap has been a freaking nightmare. Driver side occupancy sensor has went out and the dealership wants 200 for the part and 800 for the install.

My 3rd party Warranty won’t cover it. Hilarious to think something that’s part of the airbag feature isn’t covered. Lesson learned.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This leather seat swap has been a freaking nightmare. Driver side occupancy sensor has went out and the dealership wants 200 for the part and 800 for the install.

My 3rd party Warranty won’t cover it. Hilarious to think something that’s part of the airbag feature isn’t covered. Lesson learned.
Junkyard?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

have you checked it? I didn't even know there was one, what's the part number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2