What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aaand i have bearing material in the filter again.
lots of it.
this was a short drive, any mild pedal action was quickly pulled back.

so one last ditch effort to bypass the cooler, then i think the engine is coming out. :banghead:
Dammit man. I hate to hear that. I'm hoping the best for you. I haven't even checked the oil since I did my refresh. **** it. It's not making any noise other than lifter noise in mid range rpm. Hopefully it's good

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got those recently for my wife's car.
I learned with every vehicle when i need to buy pads, it's autozone and i buy the best they have.

since i keep cars until they die, it's a good investment. ;)

they didn't have the rears instock, so i got the next line down for those.
we were leaving for a long road trip, so it was more urgent than anything else.

I wasn't sold on the whole "copper free" thing, to me it seems like more about environment vs performance.

But, I absolutely love those pads over the stock ones she had.
and the front wheels aren't showing any real signs of brake dust.
wife likes to drag her brakes going down hills and can warp rotors... :jester:

The rear wheels are pretty brake dusty.
I wish i could have taken more time and either found a store with them in stock, or ordered them in.

but...
we were pretty much leaving for the trip the next day, and i was focused on getting the brake pedal firm after flushing the fluid and having a spongy pedal afterwards.

Oh and tech 2 abs bleed, worth every penny for that tool. :beer:

So far the trick seems to be, normal flush until fluid is clear.
then break out the tech2 for an ABS bleed with the same vac tool connected.

and the Tahoe is going to get the same pads once it's time. :headbang:
I put the elite ceramic pads on both the Silverado and the Yukon, they work well, I couldn't say if they are any better than the old stock ceramics but they are certainly not worse. I haven't rear ended anyone "yet" so that's good. I tried the carbon fiber ones briefly but they are noisy as hell and make a ton of dust. they sound like your wheeling around on a 1940's rusty tricycle.

Oldewing

Reaction score
Day 3 of our trip to Destin Fla from Ohio. Stopped in Tenn. at wife's sisters first day. Now in Brimingham Al. running to Destin this morning. Towing our RV along with our 3 dogs in the back of the truck. RV is a 27 foot ultralight, at 5K loaded. Gas seems to hang at 9 MPG, would like more, but then who wouldn't....

All in all, nice trip. I put new tires on both before I left, that helps my mind lots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts