What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I broke the DS motor mount. Being on a trail, we carried on through some very stressful terrain.

Other than the clunking and NVH under high torque, are there any potential damages from continuing operation until I can get into a shop?

Not likely. But you should fix it before your next excursion.

Mine was blown when I bought my Tahoe. I did LOTS of WOT from a dig for quite a while before I finally changed them. I HIGHLY recommend an H3 mount(s). Otherwise, you'll be back in the same boat before the sting of the replacement labor wears off.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I broke the DS motor mount. Being on a trail, we carried on through some very stressful terrain.

Other than the clunking and NVH under high torque, are there any potential damages from continuing operation until I can get into a shop?
I ran mine for 10-15,000mi broken before I figured out what it was when I first got the hoe.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the replacement cables/power supply so i can reinstall my dash cams with the parking monitor. I'll have to figure out how to run the cable for the rear window cam since i cannot fish it straight through the head liner like I did on the PPV.

Also survived the hurricane with only a small (8hr power outage)

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Not likely. But you should fix it before your next excursion.

Mine was blown when I bought my Tahoe. I did LOTS of WOT from a dig for quite a while before I finally changed them. I HIGHLY recommend an H3 mount(s). Otherwise, you'll be back in the same boat before the sting of the replacement labor wears off.
Thanks for the reply and @RooTBeeRthe1st also.

Tonight / tomorrow I’ll have to scope out the availability of parts ( H3 preferably) as well as a shop to do the work. This living in RV parks is not great for DIY wrenching.

Mainly I need it to be reliable transportation on road until I get it repaired. No more tempting fate in the wilds until it’s right. I pushed my luck today the stuff I was in, I was worried about the CVs and the G80 spitting out parts. It was rough.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Quick question: Does the H3 motor mount PN 25847739 fit both 2WD and 4WD Tahoes (2008 4wd model specifically in my case). I ask because the GM parts system shows me two different OEM mounts for 4WD vs RWD.

Interesting factoid, when I search this PN on AC Delco, it gives applications for both the H3 Alpha 08-10 as well as Tahoe 13-14. So did GM give up on the hydraulic mounts and go to the solid ones for the Tahoe late in the GMT900 series?

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrg. Discovered the front bumper on my 2014 is not drilled for a license plate. And in Texas a front plate is required. So when i get my plates I get to drill into my nice smooth bumper to install my front plate. :nolol::biggun::killer::Jedi::Rant:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrg. Discovered the front bumper on my 2014 is not drilled for a license plate. And in Texas a front plate is required. So when i get my plates I get to drill into my nice smooth bumper to install my front plate. :nolol::biggun::killer::Jedi::Rant:
Or not. Front plates have always been required in Oregon. I haven’t run one in years on any of my trucks. Never had a cop even mention it, and I’ve been pulled over many times. You could always hold off and if the police there want to write you up for it, you always have the opportunity to fix it before the court date and the charge is dismissed. At least that’s always the way it’s been here. Unless Texas is super strict in which case I’d move. :yaoface2:

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or not. Front plates have always been required in Oregon. I haven’t run one in years on any of my trucks. Never had a cop even mention it, and I’ve been pulled over many times. You could always hold off and if the police there want to write you up for it, you always have the opportunity to fix it before the court date and the charge is dismissed. At least that’s always the way it’s been here. Unless Texas is super strict in which case I’d move. :yaoface2:
I have been pulled over years ago for no front plate. I may run without it and take my chances...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC