What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trust the opinions in the NNBS group more than the K2XX and T1XX group LOL...

For body work and repainting, which way do you guys lean if the pricing is similar - dealership or independent shop? I'm most concerned with paint quality and matching (metallic), I can't see how there would be much of a difference in mechanically putting things back together. Would you view the dealership in higher regard as OEM-like or no?
I've had mixed luck with both, but where I live now there's a great indy shop right around the corner that does exceptional work, as evidenced by their Google reviews. They did fabulous work on our G35X, and the local GMC dealer did a crappy job on my 2012 XL Denali, and their Google reviews predicted that would be my experience there, and it was. My advice is to rely on the Google reviews to find the best shop near you, and go there.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For body work and repainting, which way do you guys lean if the pricing is similar - dealership or independent shop? I'm most concerned with paint quality and matching (metallic), I can't see how there would be much of a difference in mechanically putting things back together. Would you view the dealership in higher regard as OEM-like or no?

I use an independent body shop for our work. My wife comes from a family of extremely aggressive drivers, coupled with some severe limitations as far as driving skill, so we get a Christmas card each year from our shop.

I agree with the above advice, ask around, heed online reviews and only pick one with lots of positive feedback. Matching paint should never be an issue nowadays.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Metallics are hard to match regardless of who does it. So many factors involved with metallic paints. Distance you spray from the panel and size of the flakes the air pressure the pattern the way the nozzle is facing the panel all of this will throw it off and especially the age of the paint and sun bleached. It’s insane plus not all body shops do the same stuff assembling it back together. You need to shop around and get some word of mouth kind of reviews. Go to car shows and ask people who painted or assembled their cars and stuff like that. You’ll find one that is the whole shebang.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

It's been my experience that dealers farm their work out to independent body shops and don't have their own. So def go with an independent.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled it up with E85 @ $2.29/gal
Filled up yesterday, my usual station finally came back down to 2.39... hope it keeps dropping. But it's still only like 62%.
Can't stand it any longer ! I broke down Mr.Whipple's on order , 8 week wait.

I think I waited 10 weeks or so when I bought mine on Black Friday. And then it turned out somebody packaged a bunch of Ford injectors in the GM kits and I was one of those people so they sent me the correct ones and I had to ship the other ones back to them. I told them no rush because I wasn't installing mine anytime soon, but I still got them swapped out in about 3 days because they are about 200 mi away from me.

Unfortunately, I've had mine for a lot longer than I waited to get it. And I still don't know when I will actually get it installed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor is moving out. Someone move in and we’ll do weird truck stuff

View attachment 304762

I wanna get outta Louisiana and TX would probably be just fine. We were just in Pasadena visiting family the weekend before last and there were quite a few things I liked about the areas. HEBs are much nicer than I remember! I'm always down for weirdness and your 'hood looks nice. But, I can't live that close to other people.

BTW, since you didn't give me your wheels, I had to buy some others. Thanks for nothing.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna get outta Louisiana and TX would probably be just fine. We were just in Pasadena visiting family the weekend before last and there were quite a few things I liked about the areas. HEBs are much nicer than I remember! I'm always down for weirdness and your 'hood looks nice. But, I can't live that close to other people.

BTW, since you didn't give me your wheels, I had to buy some others. Thanks for nothing.
It’s a little tight and I’d like some more breathing room eventually... most of the HEBs are pretty nice. Did you want the factory 20s or the 22s?