What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch of rc stuff. Had to sell it all to fund my racecar. Tranny blew and needed rebuild. I miss them.

drag car was a b4.1 team kit with sidewinder 1415 sct motor and esc

had an ofna 1/8 I put a hobby wing kit in it.

rustler vxl converted to a backslash as my basher that had the mamba max setup.

then I have a plain Jane b4.1 that I converted to a modified 3 window body and only ran 2s with mild gears to have fun an enjoy it without breaking anything. Had the factory associated rtr brushless setup.

One radio to rule them all

futaba 3pk

tons of parts and bolts and all sorts of rock fluids and batteries it’s insane the amount of stuff I had. I miss them a lot though but racecar!
I had a pretty badass rc gas powered hydroplane many years ago. I lived in a floating home then (houseboat) and once it got away from me headed downriver out of sight. I heard it stop running abruptly a long way away from me. I never found it. I think it went under somebody’s home and broke apart. It was fast, about 40 on the water iirc.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a pretty badass rc gas powered hydroplane many years ago. I lived in a floating home then (houseboat) and once it got away from me headed downriver out of sight. I heard it stop running abruptly a long way away from me. I never found it. I think it went under somebody’s home and broke apart. It was fast, about 40 on the water iirc.
That was a heart breaker I bet :(

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a heart breaker I bet :(
It was. That thing was a blast. I took my wave runner downriver immediately and searched for hours. There were lots of floating decks built out of logs for stringers and foam flotation and it must have gone down one between the logs and destroyed itself. Or under a home. People used to lose all kinds of stuff under their homes and decks. I don’t know how many 10 mm sockets were under mine. :cool: I had a boat well that I could dock a 30’ boat in ( my ski boat was only 20’) and it was like my garage where I’d work on my buddys boats and toys. Drop a socket or wrench and it’s gone. I dropped a big set of keys once off my front porch, drunk and fumbling with my door lock. But my buddy was a diver and he actually found them. It was about 20’ deep. He said there were some shopping carts down there lol.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Woof. Its been a hell of a month. What did I do yesterday? Something dumb. Let me elaborate. I buy my oil and filter on amazon. Well, my phone broke, and of course thats when Amazon and its 2FA decided to sign me out on my computer, and I couldn’t sign in because I couldn’t get the confirmation text. Well, I could not sign back in to order oil and a filter. So I couldn’t change my oil without paying outrageous prices at the local stores.

Well, I got my phone fixed, but not before my catch can filled all the way up, (who knew they catch more crap when its humid and the weather is colder! DOH)
And so pressure built up in the crank case, and it pushed a bunch of oil past the rings, and burnt two quarts of oil. DOH
Third ef up: I didn’t have any of the right oil at the house. And I had to go to work. I got to make the choice of topping off two of the 6 quarts with either 5w-20 or straight up old ass 30 weight Delo conventional tractor oil, not even 5w-30 or 10w-30, not 15w-40, just 30 weight. Ugh. Its thick and it doesn’t like it. Oil pressure is a little high. Better than not enough oil but it really goes to show you how freaking dependent we are on phones. The two weeks mine was broken while I was waiting on the replacement lightning port to arrive were nice, things were simple, I wasn’t tethered to the idiot box in my pocket, but snap back to reality, you’re also dependent in Lord Bezos to keep your ride to work operational. Proper oil on the way, I’m changing that crap ASAP. Still runs good, knock on wood that after a proper oil change she’ll be right as rain.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woof. Its been a hell of a month. What did I do yesterday? Something dumb. Let me elaborate. I buy my oil and filter on amazon. Well, my phone broke, and of course thats when Amazon and its 2FA decided to sign me out on my computer, and I couldn’t sign in because I couldn’t get the confirmation text. Well, I could not sign back in to order oil and a filter. So I couldn’t change my oil without paying outrageous prices at the local stores.

Well, I got my phone fixed, but not before my catch can filled all the way up, (who knew they catch more crap when its humid and the weather is colder! DOH)
And so pressure built up in the crank case, and it pushed a bunch of oil past the rings, and burnt two quarts of oil. DOH
Third ef up: I didn’t have any of the right oil at the house. And I had to go to work. I got to make the choice of topping off two of the 6 quarts with either 5w-20 or straight up old ass 30 weight Delo conventional tractor oil, not even 5w-30 or 10w-30, not 15w-40, just 30 weight. Ugh. Its thick and it doesn’t like it. Oil pressure is a little high. Better than not enough oil but it really goes to show you how freaking dependent we are on phones. The two weeks mine was broken while I was waiting on the replacement lightning port to arrive were nice, things were simple, I wasn’t tethered to the idiot box in my pocket, but snap back to reality, you’re also dependent in Lord Bezos to keep your ride to work operational. Proper oil on the way, I’m changing that crap ASAP. Still runs good, knock on wood that after a proper oil change she’ll be right as rain.
Holy shit man!! I hope she recovers fully..!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get my oil from Rock Auto and order enough oil and filters for a year, 2 or 3 oil changes. Am also weaning myself off Amazon. Rock Auto is very competitive if not lower often times.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wal mart normally has cheap prices on oil also.. I normally find when Im due, Oreilly has oil on sale at that time... I do the Mobil one and a wix filter. normally runs me about 40 bucks out the door.

Thinking about swapping to Royal Purple anyways to support a local business... Plus its good shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog