What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to catch up, but the truck is so dirty from muddy forest roads, pictures will have to wait till my killer detail kid gets back in town.

Trimmed the valance (air dam) for more ground clearance. Now it is only the width of my blue painters tape.

Did a 1.5” front level by adding a spacer on the lower front strut mounts and adding a spacer bracket to raise the Autoride position sensor, so it doesn’t know I raised the body. It is a secret. :)

Added a Moroso catch can between the PCV and Intake Manifold.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to catch up, but the truck is so dirty from muddy forest roads, pictures will have to wait till my killer detail kid gets back in town.

Trimmed the valance (air dam) for more ground clearance. Now it is only the width of my blue painters tape.

Did a 1.5” front level by adding a spacer on the lower front strut mounts and adding a spacer bracket to raise the Autoride position sensor, so it doesn’t know I raised the body. It is a secret. :)

Added a Moroso catch can between the PCV and Intake Manifold.
You can buy threaded rod for the autoride sensor links and make them the correct length, so you don’t have to remount anything. Works great for lifting or lowering, and still utilize the auto level.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy threaded rod for the autoride sensor links and make them the correct length, so you don’t have to remount anything. Works great for lifting or lowering, and still utilize the auto level.

I actually had some rod that I planned to thread, but it was easier to just mount a small plate where the lower link attaches and then relocate that link up on that plate, basically just a small piece of steel with two holes and a screw and some Loctite.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually had some rod that I planned to thread, but it was easier to just mount a small plate where the lower link attaches and then relocate that link up on that plate, basically just a small piece of steel with two holes and a screw and some Loctite.
I bought a length of all thread and cut it to different lengths , took 2 minutes. Plus it allowed me to experiment with different lengths until it sat perfect. I was running 26’s at the time and I was lowered 4” in the back so I had to get it perfect. It took some experimenting. Pop the links off, replace the rods, reinstall and check ride height. 1/8” rod length difference equals about 1/4” ride height iirc, might have been 3/8”.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a length of all thread and cut it to different lengths , took 2 minutes. Plus it allowed me to experiment with different lengths until it sat perfect. I was running 26’s at the time and I was lowered 4” in the back so I had to get it perfect. It took some experimenting. Pop the links off, replace the rods, reinstall and check ride height. 1/8” rod length difference equals about 1/4” ride height iirc, might have been 3/8”.

For me, I had planned to thread some rod, but couldn’t find my dies (I had moved twice in the last two years, new house didn’t get built on time and the old house sold in 3 days). So I just cut some flat stock and drilled the holes.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I found my exhaust leak, too. The rear most driver side manifold bolt is broken off. It HAD to be that one, of course. Thankfully my buddy does lots of car repair and is a much better welder than I am. We've made a plan to fix it when we have more time.

I was "lucky" to have taken care of it while i had the heads off for the dod delete.
left rear most exhaust bolt had been broken some time ago.
I'm sure if left it would have gotten noticeable over the years.

It was hard enough just getting it back on, i can't imagine trying to get that broken bolt extracted with the heads on...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be concerned of rusting over time, unless stainless rods or plates were used.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I would too if I lived in St Louis! But even though nothing rusts here, I did actually buy some long stainless threaded Allen head screws and used those after I got the right length figured out. Just cut the heads off, cut to length, deburr.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would too if I lived in St Louis! But even though nothing rusts here, I did actually buy some long stainless threaded Allen head screws and used those after I got the right length figured out. Just cut the heads off, cut to length, deburr.
you should see all the salt they spread on the roads today for whats turning out to be a bust of a snow storm.....its is cold as hell though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts