What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Mine has a massive auxiliary muffler where the spare tire goes
(objects are bigger then they appear in the photo it's about 2.5 feet by 5feet and 6-7inches high)
I want to remove it and put a spare tire thing instead (Free up my cargo space)
:)
plus it will have the added benefit of louden it up
apparently if you remove the Aux muffler it sounds like a black hawk helicopter while in v4 mode

if I get pulled over just shift it into M4 (always runs V8 only also only runs v8 when idle or auto stop so it will be impossible to prove anything as technically and legally I only need one muffler)

it's pretty sloppy written the law it self it clearly states it has to be in neutral when the test is done . good thing AFM does not work in neutral gear.. :D :D

20200119_162534.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(objects are bigger then they appear in the photo it's about 2.5 feet by 5feet and 6-7inches high)
apparently if you remove the Aux muffler it sounds like a black hawk helicopter while in v4 mode

if I get pulled over just shift it into M4 (always runs V8 only also only runs v8 when idle or auto stop so it will be impossible to prove anything as technically and legally I only need one muffler)

it's pretty sloppy written the law it self it clearly states it has to be in neutral when the test is done . good thing AFM does not work in neutral gear.. :D :D

View attachment 247537
Why do the hybrids have those auxiliary mufflers? Is it because they have auto stop so they want the sound to be unnoticeable when it restarts? I want to hear it in “Blackhawk mode”.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 247537
Why do the hybrids have those auxiliary mufflers? Is it because they have auto stop so they want the sound to be unnoticeable when it restarts? I want to hear it in “Blackhawk mode”.
I think he needs to post a vid clip of it. "Blackhawk Mode".

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Thats the one thing that really bothers me about the interior of these trucks, the visors are flimsy and cheap feeling. The NBS ones are so much nicer and more quality feeling. Speaking of the LEDs, those are the only interior lights i havent changed yet
I changed my low beams no flicker. Changed my backup lights and brake lights to led. No problems. Just when you do turn signals you need a load equalizer for those.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the gruven heater Tee connectors yesterday. Getting the old tees off was easier than putting the new ones on. Not a lot of room to work with while putting on those clamps. I also didnt know you have to cut the plastic quick connectors off the heater tubes, until i saw a post months back. Gotta clean ghe engine bay sometime next week

20200517_165541.jpg 20200517_165535.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the gruven heater Tee connectors. Yesterday. Getting the old tees off was easier than putting the new ones on. Not a room to work with while putting on those clamps. I also didnt know you have to cut the plastic quick connectors off the heater tubes, until i saw a post months back. Gotta clean ghe engine bay sometime next week

View attachment 247630 View attachment 247631
That’s a good part of the reason GM uses quick connects there so you can just push them on. I’ll be going with the same OEM parts that came originally. They last for 10-15 years at least, all the problems come from people using the shit Dorman parts. Just replace them as maintenance items with OEM. Glad to hear you got all those clamps on.