What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned my garage today to make room for my new Sierra Elevation...
View attachment 241010

Also, UPS came today and delivered my new Wilwood Brakes for the Denali. Pictures don't do justice, these 16" rotors are HUGE!!! Can't wait to install them, big things coming this spring including lighter weight 20" wheels and drag radials. I'll be well on my way to running that 10 second QTR sooner than later.

View attachment 241011

Excellent choice. I have them on my trucks. You will be extremely pleased.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up, inspected, and put the engine braces that were picked up from the powder coater yesterday. Flight leaves for LA in a few hours. Time sure flies when i am home. Need to order some fasteners and plan to have those installed when I get back.

Overall a productive few days and time off.

The engine braces for the Duramax where done and packed up. I can install those when the Duramax arrives in LA in the next few days.

View attachment 240974

Back home for a few days. Headed back to Louisiana in a few days. Never enough time. I did get the engine braces on once I picked up some more polished 12 point bolts and washers.

Also picked up sight shield for some more smoothing and color matching ops.

12 point.JPG -2204012359466757877.jpg 9209626243011755832.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Good. I vaguely remember that you had an engine problem of some sort, did it work itself out? I've been kicking my ball joints down the road too. Alignment shop said I needed them and the boots are cracked but not leaking. Probably do them after the Texas run.
Cylinder had low compression. Just riding it out until something happens. Taking it easy on it, gonna change spark plugs every year, whatever I can do to prolong the inevitable

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Cylinder had low compression. Just riding it out until something happens. Taking it easy on it, gonna change spark plugs every year, whatever I can do to prolong the inevitable

You should check out "engine restorer" .

There is a YouTube channel called "Project Farm" and the guy does some really interesting testing of different lubricants and such.

He put the engine restore in an old tractor and compared the compression tests before and after... it made a noticeable difference.

He also did a follow up video like a year later and it was still good to go.

I am not a proponent of "Mechanics in a bottle" but I am also not opposed to fact based evidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali