What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don't want my vehicles to be loud, i just like them to make noises. I might be a child inside. My catalytic converters are borderline and i'll get a P0420 every couple weeks so those will prob get deleted and I'll disable that CEL code with a tuner. I'm still on stock exhaust so I'm hoping it will get ever so slightly louder but more... I'm not sure... bubbly sounding?

Will definitely be louder.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Will definitely be louder.
Hopefully just the right amount. I haven't been able to find a clip of an NNBS with just a cat delete. Tons of videos on long tubes and aftermarket exhausts, but not just a cat delete. Paying the local muffler shop to cut the cats out and replace with a section of stainless pipe is way cheaper than buying replacement cats so that's the route I'm going to take. Just lame that the exhaust is gonna smell real bad afterward.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want my vehicles to be loud, i just like them to make noises. I might be a child inside. My catalytic converters are borderline and i'll get a P0420 every couple weeks so those will prob get deleted and I'll disable that CEL code with a tuner. I'm still on stock exhaust so I'm hoping it will get ever so slightly louder but more... I'm not sure... bubbly sounding?
just get a replacement it's cheap that is the correct one
AP Exhaust Holdings 740566 CARB certified 50 states

CARB Executive order D798

it should cost 40$ or so at a muffler shop to put it in..
https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-152502297.html?gclid=CKyS-9at2OICFfQgrQYdy_8ACw

Dont let the shop keep the scrap converters they are worth 300-400$ for both on ebay you will be able to recover about 30-40% of your money back

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hopefully just the right amount. I haven't been able to find a clip of an NNBS with just a cat delete. Tons of videos on long tubes and aftermarket exhausts, but not just a cat delete. Paying the local muffler shop to cut the cats out and replace with a section of stainless pipe is way cheaper than buying replacement cats so that's the route I'm going to take. Just lame that the exhaust is gonna smell real bad afterward.

@kbuskill?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
just get a replacement it's cheap that is the correct one
AP Exhaust Holdings 740566 CARB certified 50 states

CARB Executive order D798

it should cost 40$ or so at a muffler shop to put it in..
https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-152502297.html?gclid=CKyS-9at2OICFfQgrQYdy_8ACw

Dont let the shop keep the scrap converters they are worth 300-400$ for both on ebay you will be able to recover about 30-40% of your money back
I would- or I could just pay the shop 1hr of labor to put a pipe section in. That's $600 for a set of converters. If we had inspections and testing here I would totally put a replacement pair in.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would- or I could just pay the shop 1hr of labor to put a pipe section in. That's $600 for a set of converters. If we had inspections and testing here I would totally put a replacement pair in.
what about everyone else that likes to breathe

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The converters are already bad so it wouldn't make a difference homie
i would check for an exhaust leak normally the 420 code is solid and stays put if you get it ( sometimes 420 and 430 is a secondary code as well for the MAF or map sensor)
it just does not come on and off so it's still working at 99% and sometimes dropping to 98% and back...

also see what temperature it's coming upto using a live data code reader if it's over 500-550F or higher
then they are working..' and you have a leak or broken sensor..

550-560F is typical for the Tahoe..(i'll confirm tomorrow since i will have a long trip )

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
i would check for an exhaust leak normally the 420 code is solid and stays put if you get it
it just does not come on and off so it's still working at 99% and sometimes dropping to 98% and back...

also see what temperature it's coming upto using a live data code reader if it's over 500-550F or higher
then they are working..' and you have a leak or broken sensor..

550-560F is typical for the Tahoe..(i'll confirm tomorrow since i will have a long trip )
Naw see you're not understanding- I don't have an exhaust leak. It goes away because I keep clearing it. I'll buy a Tesla in a few years to make up for my carbon footprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts