What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you mount the switch for the light bar? Thinking about something similar.
When I did my install I installed it in my over dash light/garage switch panel. I have front 42" front pods behind the "mesh" covers where the tow hooks are and then have 2 back up pods as well. Drilled 3 holes in the panel and put in 3 blue led low profile rocker switches. I'm at work right now so I cant post a pic of it but I will when I get out. I liked how it came out as its a lot like how I had my set up in my Jeep after I put the PSC cage in it.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man a solo baric too....

So should i take it that its not that good since your selling it :p

Hows that wired? Bose wires?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
View attachment 186081
Repurposed the non-functional heated washer fluid button. It is a momentary switch so a latching relay is required to use the button unless you are using it for something like a horn.

The only "flaw" in doing it this way is that when the ignition is in the off position the amber LED indicator light turns on, but with the key in the on position it functions flawlessly as intended, (turns on with the light bar and off with the light bar). The LED indicator turns on and off via a ground trigger (wire gets a ground it turns on wire looses ground it turns off) and I guess it is pulling a ground through the solenoid of my light bars relay when the ignition power is removed from it. My guess is the ignition wire I tapped into that went to the heated washer fluid connector must somehow become a ground in the BCM when the key is off.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to listen. I thought about putting a diode on the ignition lead into the relay's solenoid but I am not 100% sure that would fix it.

Other than that, it is an LED and I seriously doubt it being on when the key is off is going to drain my battery... I could just disconnect that wire that makes the indicator light up but I like being able to know if my light bar gets accidentally turned on in the day time.

So a diode did the trick... no more light on with the key off... just in case anyone cares.... lol

mtc1328

Reaction score
Just had the same type of accident in June and my estimate was very much the same ($900-950). Replacement bumper from RockAuto.com was $160, painted by local shop was $375. Put in in myself after they painted. Looks 100% and pocketed the rest. Just something to think about.

That is a smart idea, and I've done that before with other vehicles. However, this is the nicest rig I've ever owned, and I'd hate to mess it up, or to get in there to only realize it was worse than it initially appeared, and it end up costing more money and time. That's obviously an excuse, but I'm still in the mindset of "you did this, you make it right!", without me having to spend my time on it. Although, a few hundred bucks would be nice to have this time of year.

Cavan806

Reaction score
Oh snap. I didn't even notice what looks like porcelain missing from around the electrode.

Either detonation or too high of temperatures. That buildup could lead to hotspots, which could lead to overheating of the plug and/or detonation.

Honestly... I'm not really sure what you guys mean by detonation or too high of temps. Just not that well versed in the technical stuff. When you say overheating do you mean overall engine temp? For example I had my coolant hose that runs back to the firewall blow out not to long ago which had me climbing in the hood of my car in the middle of the parking lot fixing it. But I am pretty sure I dumped all the coolant out of the car that day and temps got pretty damn hot. Is there something else I should be looking at here? Thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I still haven’t gotten around to install a hitch on my Silverado (have a brand new GM OEM hitch waiting in the garage...), I’ve had to use my wife’s Tahoe a couple of times this past week.

Last Friday I picked up my latest auction win (1998 MB S420) from Copart. That damn thing weighs in at over 4800 pounds, but the Tahoe didn’t seem to mind too much. Used a U-Haul trailer and I had trick their reservation system a little bit because it wouldn’t have allowed me to rent the trailer to haul the MB.

Then on Sunday I had to pick up my daughter’s 2006 BMW X3 from about 120 miles away when she said it was making some weird noises. She and her fiance were suspecting transmission issue, but so far I haven’t found anything. Luckily it seems she was a bit overzealous with her suspicions, but better that way.

Tahoe didn’t seem to mind the work, but I really need to get off my ass and finally install the hitch on my truck... :deal:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the guy i work with tows a pretty good sized camper with his burb and it handles that with out issue.

Annnnd i ordere some new rear shocks (bil5100s) and a set of 33" dirtytracs.. should be on next week sometime. Will get pics then. Now to save up for the sub/box;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076