What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if these will fit with stock steel wheels?

Well...it says it MAY fit 17 inch wheels but they do offer a diagram to help you determine, did you look at that?

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...it says it MAY fit 17 inch wheels but they do offer a diagram to help you determine, did you look at that?
I did, I've yet to measure factory wheels.
Honestly I'd prefer to run oem 21+ brakes, but I'm pretty darn sure those will not clear at all.

Anyway, my 180k mi. Fronts are squeaking a lot lately and the rotors are a bit worn, pads look good still.
I know the dust seals on the pistons have been torn a long while.
I figure if I'm going to be replacing calipers, that's the perfect time for an upgrade (esp when I finally double the HP)
But not willing to get rid of the durable steelies.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did, I've yet to measure factory wheels.
Honestly I'd prefer to run oem 21+ brakes, but I'm pretty darn sure those will not clear at all.

Anyway, my 180k mi. Fronts are squeaking a lot lately and the rotors are a bit worn, pads look good still.
I know the dust seals on the pistons have been torn a long while.
I figure if I'm going to be replacing calipers, that's the perfect time for an upgrade (esp when I finally double the HP)
But not willing to get rid of the durable steelies.
I know from my experience you can measure all you want and ask as many questions as you want and you’ll never know until you physically bolt up a caliper and try a wheel. Unless somebody else has the exact same wheel and caliper combo on the same platform as your truck. I thought I was going to have 1/2” at the closest point between the 22” wheels and the 16” 6 piston calipers but it’s closer to 1/8”. Part of the issue will be the offset of the wheels and how the backside of the spokes are shaped.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know from my experience you can measure all you want and ask as many questions as you want and you’ll never know until you physically bolt up a caliper and try a wheel. Unless somebody else has the exact same wheel and caliper combo on the same platform as your truck. I thought I was going to have 1/2” at the closest point between the 22” wheels and the 16” 6 piston calipers but it’s closer to 1/8”. Part of the issue will be the offset of the wheels and how the backside of the spokes are shaped.
True true, I was just hoping to not find out they don't fit after spending all that money and hoping to be able to resell the kit. Lol

But maybe I will just try the gmt1XX brakes first. Not much of an upgrade but a little better.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True true, I was just hoping to not find out they don't fit after spending all that money and hoping to be able to resell the kit. Lol

But maybe I will just try the gmt1XX brakes first. Not much of an upgrade but a little better.
Most people would sell their wheels and find a set that fit their new BBK but if your priorities are all screwed up then there you are. ;) :rolleyes::p

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people would sell their wheels and find a set that fit their new BBK but if your priorities are all screwed up then there you are. ;) :rolleyes::p
don't forget the spare.....
would suck to find out it doesn't fit in the middle of winter when it is freezing, windy, raining, and no other option than to get the spare on...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't forget the spare.....
would suck to find out it doesn't fit in the middle of winter when it is freezing, windy, raining, and no other option than to get the spare on...
You can swap a back wheel to the front and put the spare on the back but it’s a PIA. I’d need a 22” spare regardless and I haven’t bought one so I use AAA Plus and a plug kit. I ain’t sellin my brakes son. I got too much powah for anything less than what I’m running. :yaoface2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty