What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
I hope every one had a great Thanksgiving ! I have been away awhile.

Have a shock replacement question: 2007 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3 Flex fuel

I need to replace the original ( 77K miles ) rear shocks. The OEM ones are pictured as are the heavy duty ones.
I never tow anything, but will be towing a 20 foot cargo trailer next summer from Seattle to Ohio and am thinking maybe I want heavy duty shocks vs OEM standard

Everyone's thoughts ? thank you in advanceshocks.jpgshocks.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope every one had a great Thanksgiving ! I have been away awhile.

Have a shock replacement question: 2007 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3 Flex fuel

I need to replace the original ( 77K miles ) rear shocks. The OEM ones are pictured as are the heavy duty ones.
I never tow anything, but will be towing a 20 foot cargo trailer next summer from Seattle to Ohio and am thinking maybe I want heavy duty shocks vs OEM standard

Everyone's thoughts ? thank you in advanceView attachment 386163View attachment 386163
Welcome back!

In my opinion heavy duty shocks won’t offer significant benefit over the factory part for towing. The problem won’t be damping - it will be sag. For that you’ll need either adjustable air shocks or supplemental air bags.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I was wondering if there some kind of display thing happening with the camera and Mirror
it's just a hard wire adapter to supply power from the mirror harness instead of having to have cables hanging down to the cigarette port. I use a similar one for my radar detector and another one for my dash cam

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check for continuity on the mirror wires

Already did. They check out. The door switch is not sending power to those wires. So I don't know if it is a programming thing with that or the problem is between there and the defog switch. Need to look up some wiring diagrams and chase it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon